Star Corp. [Temporarily Closed]

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Welcome!

Star Corp. is a corporation dedicated to bringing you fine ships. We've originated from Hiigarans, who were wiped out by an unknown race during the Hiigara - Vaygr war. As you may be able to tell, the Vaygr did quite a number on us, and we don't have any intention of going to war with them again, so if you're a Vaygr diplomat looking to start a war, go fuck yourself! :D

Ships/Catalog

Once we've finally established our presence in our system, we'll release a catalog of ships that will be constantly updated with ships as they're made. You may also contract work to us, if you wish to have a specific ship/style to be built for you.

Orders

Now Recruiting!
    We're based on the Shattered Skies server, and are recruiting any new members who wish to join us. If you wish to join, you must be accepted by any of the below listed contacts. You can receive this acceptance by either filling out an application or simply talking to our one of the below contacts.

- Name/Alias (Which ever you wish to use)
    - Timezone and periods of time you're online
    - Why you wish to join us
    - What job you'd prefer/are good at
    - Your flaws
    - A good knock knock joke

Contacts (For recruiting, queries on corp or diplomacy):

Jobs:
    • Industrialist (Mining/Manufacturing/Constructing)
    • Salesman (Selling our ships/looking for contracts)
    • Engineer (Ship/Station designing)
    • Recruiting (Convincing people to join/sorting through applications)
    Corp Members/Hierarchy:

CEO:
    Blaza612

Directors:

Diplomats:

Members:

Lore

Our corp has a lot of story behind it, and will continue to have more story developing as time goes on, which will be directly affecting the corp, and hopefully the server we're on. We have an extensive history, which will be written up shortly, but so far, we have a log, and good chunk of a short story.

Welp, I appear to have crashed onto an ice planet of some sort. I haven’t left the colony pod yet, decided to write this first.

If there is any other races that are close-by, any that aren’t those who wish to destroy one who is the last of his species, send help. I have millions of un-grown, fertilised eggs and we are the last of our species, there is a race that is hunting us, and thus I cannot disclose the name of my people, for now, we shall be known as Star Corp.
    After some exploration, I’ve learned a number of things about this planet. First of all, the atmosphere has oxygen, lots of it, it’s almost pure oxygen. There are many new elements which’ve never been discovered by our previous scientists, there are no animals, meat is going to be impossible to find here, and I’m currently in a Binary star system, of which one star is red, and the other is an extremely bright white one.

I’ve begun setting up the colony, I’ve expanded the pod to be the size it’s intended to be, and started building the truss meant for orbital defences and any other uses we can find for it. The building process is significantly quicker, since I have a tube of nanobots which can create the parts necessary in a matter of seconds.
    The elements on this planet are amazing. The all seem to react to energy in a variety of ways, there are two however, that don’t seem to respond to energy at all. Ones that I’ve named Sertise, and Rammet. But there’s one in particular that may be able to help with that problem, Jisper. Once it’s stored enough energy it’ll release it in an uncontrolled field of electrons that just seem to fly everywhere, and energize whatever they collide with. I’m working on a way to focus it into a beam of sorts, it may become the most efficient form of energy transport.
    I never expected small mirrors to become so useful. After a variety of tests with many different things, the only thing that managed to focus the field were mirrors. How, I’m not sure, but I’m now able to create a focused beam of pure energy, I can’t manage to create a steady stream though, I’m simply not able to provide it with enough power using conventional power transfer methods.

Aside from creating beam technology, I’ve continued to expand the truss beam, added a small anti-fighter turret to it and constructed a refinery, to see in what ways I can process these new elements. I’ve also been sending probes out to explore and gather a few materials, found that the surface (which is quite a ways down) is an extremely thin layer of crust which separates the mantle from the rest of the planet, it would be a perfect spot to set up a geothermal generator, which I’ll probably do at some point.
    I’ve started construction on the geothermal generator, my reactors have blown, so I don’t have any power, which means I can’t experiment with the new beam technology like I hoped to do. So now that I’ve been stopped from doing my science, I have to go to building. Luckily, I have nanobots. The problem with them, is that they don’t build geothermal generators that are meant to bore through an extremely thin (by thin, I mean roughly a km, but that is thin for a crust layer) surface and transmit said energy through a beam. So I’ll be doing that for a while.
    After many hours of construction, the power plant is complete, and I’m now capable of keeping the makeshift home inside a cave powered. I’ve started the growth of a few people, hopefully we can get some buildings up. I’ve continued to build, preparing more defences, and elevator going from the surface to the colony, and more beams for future constructions.
    It’s been a, long, time since the last log. Then, this place was nothing but a small colony, inhabited solely by me and a few fertilised eggs in stasis. Now, so much has changed. This place isn’t a colony anymore, it’s a city. Once I got a larger amount of people grown, buildings sprung up everywhere, we ran out of nanobots extremely quickly, but we didn’t need them in the end. All of the eggs have been grown, the planet is now inhabited by around 3 million people. We have plenty of defences, and discovered some machinery that’re from our people, before we were obliterated.

And now, is the time to reveal ourselves. We here at Star Corp. are Hiigaran. We were at war with the Vaygr Empire, they destroyed everything, the mothership, our most renowned ship went missing, and they wouldn’t stop. We couldn’t win, they destroyed our worlds one by one, shattering the atmosphere, leaving nothing but a lifeless husk of a planet. At the end of the war, they weren’t the ones that killed us, they didn’t destroy Hiigara, they at least had that shred of morality. One day, a swarm of giant ships, with beams that cut through everything in an instant, arrived and covered the planet in pillars of light that brought death and destruction. Multiple pods, such as mine, were sent out at that moment, we’re the last ones that ever escaped the planet, we’re still not sure what they were, I only hope that they didn’t bring any other races to extinction…

Considering our past, I’ve taken it upon myself to call this planet New Hiigara, we don’t hope to go to war, we really can’t in our state, but we hope to live up to the idea that we’re a corporation. We’ll be a race dedicated to the production of fine ships, ranging from a number of categories, those of which will be revealed in time. I will continue to grow the city, to make our people the great power they once were. Until then, I bid you farewell.
    Video Stream stream = new Stream(GetFromScanners());

origin = newHiigara;

LoadStream();

Through the eyes of a lonely camera, one cannot see much, only that the city is burning. The rumble of explosions is heard, and the sight of burning is abundant, all sound of life is the screams of the crowds, far in the distance. The street is lonely, lights flickering, rubble partially covering the lens. A jet like whistling can be heard, explosions, projectiles flying by, rocking the ground, and a blur of red and black flies ahead of sound. A man is seen, the whistling is still heard, more projectiles land near the man, he’s thrown back, but he refuses to die. He approaches the camera with great speed, digging it out of the rubble, dust flooding the pores of his hands, “Well, I haven’t done a log for a long time, I guess this works.” He leaves the pile of rubble, camera stuck to his shoulder. The whistling intensifies, the man’s light jog turns into a sprint, balls of neon flying by, fire ruptures through the air, and a blur of red and orange screams by almost instantly. The man is knocked to the ground from the shots, he looks around frantically until his sight rests upon the sight of something fast, a bike of which can hover. He scrambles to get the bike running. He soon succeeds. Fighters on his trail, screaming behind him. Shots race by, rupturing the surface around the bike. Buildings collapse up ahead from bombers, falling to the ground. A hole through is spotted. More shots, more fire, the ground shakes tremendously, and the man comes out on the other side of the building, flaming wreckage from the fighter’s flails to the ground. The battle is yet to be won though. The weaves between the buildings of the city, dodging the balls of plutonium that tend to scream by. The torpedoes from the bombers continue to ravage the city and its buildings, but only one ship is in the way of ending the battle. The man soon arrives at his destination, a New Hiigaran excavation site. He leaves his bike for the demons in the sky, and rushes into the cave. “Sir, you made it.” The ground shook with the sentence. “I had a run in with a few friends. They’re a tad bit noisy.” He replied, anxious to get a move on. “So, we’ve run into a significant problem, for some reason, all the handprints the console can recognize have been hardcoded, rather than using our DNA.” The man looked at the one explaining, questioningly. “Alpha, we need your hand to get the ship running, old Hiigaran tech tends to be picky.” Alpha moved towards the console, and pressed his hand upon a button until a woman’s voice cried out to him, “Sir, five more ships just entered the atmosphere, four more destroyers and a carrier.” The look on Alpha’s face turned a shade more scared, yet he pressed the button without hesitation. “The Whale Slayer is successfully turning on.”

The ground shook with tremendous power, cracks in a mountain of ice could be seen, and the roaring of immense power could be heard, rumbling through the ground. The Whale Slayer, has awoken. It burst out of the ice, racing towards the carrier of which was spewing out a swarm of fighters. All destroyers opened fire on the ship, and the swarms moved in to attack. But nothing would stop it. The fighters tried to get in the way, to slow down the ship, only to be torn apart by the EM field. Its broadside turned the swarms to shreds, hundreds of fighters fell to the ground in after a mere seconds of firing. Nothing could stop the beast. Great poles extended out of the ship, ready to stab themselves into the carrier. The destroyers were relentless, but were soon obliterated by the beast’s turrets. Two down, three to go. All weapons charging. Shields at 70%. Ion beams firing, the carrier’s shields are down. Speed increasing endlessly, until the clash. The Whale Slayer collided with the neck of the carrier, bending the entire ship to its will. All weapons unleashing upon its hull, riddling it with an ungodly amount of holes and fire. The carrier wrapped around the beast, yet the beast held on with all its might, refusing to let down for even a second. The carrier gave in, torn in half completely, both parts falling to the ground. The destroyers continued to fire, but the shields didn’t budge. The Whale Slayer turned its attention to them, and proceeded to unleash a swarm of death upon them. One, two three they gave in, no ship is capable of resisting the beast’s firepower. They were left in pieces flailing towards the ground, colliding with a great rupture. The Ragaal fleet was no more…

EndStream();
    I’ve decided that the video will be Log 08. This’ll be the last of the logs, not much has happened since the battle. Since the fleet’s been destroyed, we’re able to get some stations in orbit, and have started creating our fleet. We hope to produce the finest of ships for any out there who wish to purchase, we’ve decided that we can even have our own specific contracts, that way, people can get the exact ship they want instead of having to rely on pre-designed ships. We will however, be conducting research into the Poopy Whales. We’ve found something, and we may know how to stop them, before they get here. I can’t get you any more details on that, but I would suggest watching out for any Poopy Whales that might show up, they’re a real threat. If you see them, report it to us immediately, so that your death will not be in vain…
    Beam Technology can be achieved through energizing either Jisper (creates a beam of virtual solid electrons which can collide with objects, without affecting them in any ways other than transferring energy) or Zercarner (creates a beam of solid electrons which are capable of dealing damage to objects) but require focusing which is achieved through mirrors. How the energy particles react to mirrors in this way is currently unknown.
    Jisper collects and compresses energy, then, once it can no longer hold the energy in, it releases it via projecting a field entirely of energy. The field does not have enough electrons to create a fully solid object, but it is capable of generating the field as a virtual solid object, it energizes the object(s) it collides with, but doesn’t affect the object in any other way. Its explosive capabilities can be applies to any weapons, as if too much energy I supplied, a small explosion occurs, releasing all of the energy as plasma, melting away any armour.
    The wind screamed as the pod ripped through the air, sirens falling upon deaf ears. The shrieking of metal could be heard. The pod rocked horrendously, leaving nothing but silence to fall upon the ears of the deaf…

He coughed and wheezed, thoughts raced through his head. What was the time, what was the date? Where am I? What happened? But yet, none could be answered under the sheet of glass. He pushed with all his might, leaving nothing but dust to resettle. His head scrambled around on its joint, frantically searching for a button. Survival kicked in, there was no time for thought, he had to get out, he was going to die. He screamed and kicked, struggled against the ever surviving glass. But suddenly it was gone. There was nought but a metal floor, nothing was holding him from reaching the surface of life. He calmed, and thought. He thought and thought, with nothing to think. He looked at the walls, machinery beyond his comprehension towered above him, it rose into the skies, only to come crashing down on him. “Wait, no… no no no no. That can’t just happen.” He spoke, after how long he did not know, but from what he sees, it was long. Upon the wall of metal plating, a screen stood still, displaying the one thing he desired most, home. He shook it off, and tapped around on the screen, consciously, he did not know what he was doing, but it brought him answers. Stasis for long periods of time without any brain stimulation can cause the brain to severely deteriorate, there will be an advanced Stem cell needle with your medical kit to heal your brain. He looked around, and saw no kit, only red crosses covering every surface. It’s just your imagination, it’s not real! He screamed in his head, and with that the room went back to normal. He saw the kit, and ran towards it, but the closer he got, the further it was. He could not reach it, but he did not stop. With a soft clunk, he hit the air. It seemed to stop him, he could not advance. He knew it was fake, but it would not leave. His hand slid across the air feeling for something that wasn’t itself. He found the kit, he searched for the handle, and yanked it open, over at the kit he could see, its contents falling onto the floor below. He looked at the kit, far away, out of his reach, yet he could still make out the needle he needed. He felt the ground, and found the needle, jabbing into the side of his hand. He plunged it into a vein, and the sounds of the pod yet again lay upon deaf ears…

He woke, his eyes rejecting the light of the pod. He fought to get them open, to allow him to see. His eyes resisted, yet his ears stayed loyal. He could hear the light hum of the micro-reactors, the blaring of a siren. At this, the thought of death rocked his mind, his eyes burst open, to see a small blinking red light, alerting him of something. He mustered the strength to stand, and stumbled over to the light. He did not know why, put the impulse to press it down surged through him. He pushed upon it, with the plastic dome covering the light clicking into the panel, extinguishing the light like a fire being submerged into the ocean. He shrugged it off, and looked to the console that aided him during his rampancy. The same words were still there, dust covering the screen, turning it a sickly grey. He blew upon the dust, How could that much dust appear in only a few hours? He tapped around on the screen a bit, attempting to find the date. The screen read, 27/9/3609, his heart dropped

Last edited:

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Welp, the logs died, I would suggest reading the main post on that issue...

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After lots [some] of consideration, I believe it would be best to tell the story of the faction through a lore section, which will have all of the logs re-written, and research logs on all of the elements (ores) that are found within Starmade. Hopefully you enjoy it all once I've finished them. ^_^

Reactions: Lecic

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    After lots [some] of consideration, I believe it would be best to tell the story of the faction through a lore section, which will have all of the logs re-written, and research logs on all of the elements (ores) that are found within Starmade. Hopefully you enjoy it all once I've finished them. ^_^
    I suggest backing the logs up outside of the game. Just write them in wordpad and then copy them into a logbook.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I suggest backing the logs up outside of the game. Just write them in wordpad and then copy them into a logbook.
    I originally wrote them in word, but didn't bother saving since I didn't expect SMD to bug out on me. I now have them backed up on OneDrive, so they're safe as long as Microsoft is keeping their OneDrive servers safe. :p

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I originally wrote them in word, but didn't bother saving since I didn't expect SMD to bug out on me. I now have them backed up on OneDrive, so they're safe as long as Microsoft is keeping their OneDrive servers safe. :p
    I prefer dropbox to One Drive but each to their own. I hope to see these logs soon.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I prefer dropbox to One Drive but each to their own. I hope to see these logs soon.
    The only reason I'm using OneDrive is because I have a partnership with Microsoft which means that they provide me with 1 TB of OneDrive space. My goal in life is to use it all up, as the old saying goes, every byte counts. :P

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A good chunk of the lore has finally been released! \o/

Also, we're now recruiting, and have become an official faction/corporation.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We're now a political corporation! \o/

All who wish to instigate are free to do so. :p