Bug Spawned an old bluprint, stripped the imterior, now I can't place Power Generators in it

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is the strangest behavior I've run into with Starmade thus far.

I spawned in an old fighter design, the ship functioned properly, but hasn't been updated in over a year. I resolved to gut and overhaul the vessel and so docked it, stripped all the system blocks, upgraded the hull, then started new system installation. After placing cannons, thrusters, shield emitters and batteries, I prepared to install power generation. Much to my surprise every power gen block I placed was immediately deleted after about a single tick (power was momentarily generated then disappeared.) Further the stats display does not register any of the fighters data.

The dock is weight enhanced, attached to a purple tentacle planet that is factioned and homeworlded and I had no difficulty constructing a turret from scratch around a hour before I started work on the ship.

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    I'm going to guess this has something to do with the Chunk32 system we now have, alot of older things don't exactly work one way or another now.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    did this happen on a multiplayer server ?
    it very much sounds like a server - client sync or lag/load problem.
    the server is rejecting the build change for what ever reason.
    did you try to build on that thing in a new single player game in free space , just to check.

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @ SmilingDemon: No, single player world, just created last night. I have tried both docked and undocked to place p-gens and every time it does the same thing. I tried several additional times to get this working, and discovered that I can place every single block except p-gens. I'll give it another try in a new world (with the original blueprint and a new one) and see if the problem persists.

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, I have no idea what the hell is going on here. I closed and restarted the game three times last night and the block kept doing the same thing, I open it up today, detach the ship to save it as a BP, decide, 'I'll try one more time' and the damned p-gen actually attaches. This is one of the most confusing things I've ever seen with this game, and I've seen a LOT of weird stuff.

Reaction score
    In the past, I've saved blueprints successfully before getting out of my sp game, only to find when logging back in that all my changes had reverted. the blueprint I had saved however, was correct, so I would transfer to a newly spawned copy. this odd behavior could be related, perhaps?

Reaction score
    In the past, I've saved blueprints successfully before getting out of my sp game, only to find when logging back in that all my changes had reverted. the blueprint I had saved however, was correct, so I would transfer to a newly spawned copy. this odd behavior could be related, perhaps?
    I always /force_save before I exit single player for this reason

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    dis you check/watch taskmanager's starmade .jar processes? Sounds like you might have had one hung-up and preventing a write to the actual file.

Like, it appears to have fixed when you rebooted the computer, right?