Spawn entities on rails from blueprints

Reaction score
    - Allow us to interact with a rail in build mode so we can spawn an entity directly on the rail so you do not have to fly 1km way and pick up your entities 1 at a time

maybe only allow it in astronaut mode, so you can get blasted by ze enermy

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Suggested a lot, but oh so needed.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    One of the two biggest sources of frustration with the game for me is this, and the lack of a jetpack. Yes, I know they will be addressed 'someday'. In the mean time, we are forced to waste literally hours to do what should take seconds. It really is quite perplexing how things like this get put off for years. Yes, doing them now may mean having to revisit things later, but these two things are HUGE and frankly well worth the extra effort.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    One of the two biggest sources of frustration with the game for me is this, and the lack of a jetpack. Yes, I know they will be addressed 'someday'. In the mean time, we are forced to waste literally hours to do what should take seconds. It really is quite perplexing how things like this get put off for years. Yes, doing them now may mean having to revisit things later, but these two things are HUGE and frankly well worth the extra effort.
    I wonder if they can use/modify the code that spawns ships onto the anchor in a shipyard for this. It would make life so much easier! I use teleporting when building in single player, but in PVP it's diabolically evil.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I wonder if they can use/modify the code that spawns ships onto the anchor in a shipyard for this. It would make life so much easier! I use teleporting when building in single player, but in PVP it's diabolically evil.

you mean like cylon hack a ship based ship yard to build bombs inside the ship?

that would be neat. How would you hack a shipyard computer though? would you have to be right next to it, or would we need a hacking beam with a punch through effect?

or perhaps a hacking computer with a hacking antenna that works like the scanner does?

That would create a brand new, overly complicated age of fleet warfare involving cloaked hacking ships...

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    you mean like cylon hack a ship based ship yard to build bombs inside the ship?

that would be neat. How would you hack a shipyard computer though? would you have to be right next to it, or would we need a hacking beam with a punch through effect?

or perhaps a hacking computer with a hacking antenna that works like the scanner does?

That would create a brand new, overly complicated age of fleet warfare involving cloaked hacking ships...
    Hmmm. That's an interesting idea! You could flesh that out and post it.

I was actually referring to the software component of Starmade that generates a ship based on a blueprint around the anchor in a shipyard. Where the anchor is the focal point for the blueprint to be docked to and generated from.

Where a docked entity is concerned, there would need to be some smarts to allow you to generate a blueprint with the docker as the focal point for generation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hmmm. That's an interesting idea! You could flesh that out and post it.

I was actually referring to the software component of Starmade that generates a ship based on a blueprint around the anchor in a shipyard. Where the anchor is the focal point for the blueprint to be docked to and generated from.

Where a docked entity is concerned, there would need to be some smarts to allow you to generate a blueprint with the docker as the focal point for generation.

I assumed that we would get capitol ships that could build fighters in the future. That is something we sorta need. Rather than have to squat in a station, or steal a planet, we can just live on our ships and find the right system for us, so a ship with a small ship yard in it.

Otherwise i would completely misuse build blocks. A stealth ship, that docks on an outside rail, and you climb into the build block and just start messing with the victim's ship.

like put bomb blocks in places where turret axis would hit, close in hanger bays, etc etc...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    I spent the last few days wasting time flying turrets around. The Adv. Build Mode create docking entity should have a pop-up that offers a 'new entity' or add 'existing blueprint' so you can spawn prebuilt turrets in position ready to go. This would solve the problem of both flying turrets to existing ships as well as getting turrets onto shipyard plans.

Reaction score
    this is a great idea and would be too amazing, almost wonder if its too convenient... =p

Reaction score
    kulbolen, if you find it to easy you can always fly your main ship 2 km i the opposite direction and only play with you left pinky :)

Or if you like me find that doing stupid repetitive tasks is boring, you can also make barges with X number of turrets for easy deployment.
    Only problem with that is you end up with barges all over the place :)