Space Station Power 2.0

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I have been working on a station and got the power just so for the factories, shields, etc.

I then built a couple of docking arms and docked my salvager to it and BAM! Factories have no power as my salvager is sucking the life out of my station!

Reaction score
    Go into the power priority section of the reactor screen and move Docks down toward the bottom, making sure that factories are above them. This should make your factories draw power first and only send what's not being used by the station on to the docked ships.

Reactions: splatthecat
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Go into the power priority section of the reactor screen and move Docks down toward the bottom, making sure that factories are above them. This should make your factories draw power first and only send what's not being used by the station on to the docked ships.
    Hmmm. Ok, I'll try this. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    Hmmm. Ok, I'll try this. Thanks.
    Well, I tried it. It was an improvement but there was still a little power outage every few seconds rather than constantly.

The salvager has yet to be updated to new power, could this be an issue? It is also too heavy for the station, could this be something else?

Reaction score
    I had power issues as well. It is a common bug. Often relogging fixes it. Factories drain a lot of power though. A big factory needs around 400k e/s.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    I had power issues as well. It is a common bug. Often relogging fixes it. Factories drain a lot of power though. A big factory needs around 400k e/s.
    It is two capsule refineries, a micro assembler and one each of the factories. No enhancers as yet but was going to put some additional 5/tick and maybe 25/tick units.

By a "big factory" what set up do you have. I need to look at your starter station sometime and take some notes.

I have increased the Factory Power Efficiency chamber by one and reduced the Factory Bake Time chamber by one. I'm still using 70% RC. I'll have to check the power output of the reactor but I am at about 135% stability. It is a starter outpost so only needs a basic setup but I had expected to be able to dock a ship to it without it draining the life out of it.

Reaction score
    Nah with big factory I mean like 2k enhancers and 50 active factories. I work on a big faction base right now.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This may point to the need for a completely different set of systems for stations/planets/anything that isn't mobile.

Reaction score
    did you ever find a fix Splat? I am having the same issue with my attempts to update Gitmo. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    did you ever find a fix Splat? I am having the same issue with my attempts to update Gitmo. :P
    I have yet to find out! I'm building a station right now in the current prerelease version but have yet to dock anything larger than a Cargo Drone to it. I will let you know.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    The answer is station power needs to be one 'level' (19,199,1999 etc.) greater then that of any ship that will be docked to it.. I'm working on updating my shipyard at the moment as well. A lot of that going around by the look. I've got a 200k reactor on my station. If I ever build a ship that big it'll have to fend for itself. Meanwhile most of my ships won't be going above 20k reactors so they won't have an issue draining station power. New power means your stations have to be bigger then your ships. While I didn't like the idea at first I kinda think it's appropriate now.You don't see RL aircraft carriers docking at your local marina. It means people can't turtle a huge fleet to a tiny station without rendering the station useless. This is a good thing. It encourages people to keep their station updated and expanded upon at the same time as their ships and fleets which is much more realistic. Yes it's a change from v1. Yes it's a new dynamic and will take some adjustment to come to terms with. Yes I like it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    The answer is station power needs to be one 'level' (19,199,1999 etc.) greater then that of any ship that will be docked to it.. I'm working on updating my shipyard at the moment as well. A lot of that going around by the look. I've got a 200k reactor on my station. If I ever build a ship that big it'll have to fend for itself. Meanwhile most of my ships won't be going above 20k reactors so they won't have an issue draining station power. New power means your stations have to be bigger then your ships. While I didn't like the idea at first I kinda think it's appropriate now.You don't see RL aircraft carriers docking at your local marina. It means people can't turtle a huge fleet to a tiny station without rendering the station useless. This is a good thing. It encourages people to keep their station updated and expanded upon at the same time as their ships and fleets which is much more realistic. Yes it's a change from v1. Yes it's a new dynamic and will take some adjustment to come to terms with. Yes I like it.
    I kind of get it but to clarify, does this mean each or altogether? Does the station need to "power" every ship docked to it or just have more power than the biggest ship docked to it?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    I kind of get it but to clarify, does this mean each or altogether? Does the station need to "power" every ship docked to it or just have more power than the biggest ship docked to it?
    Yeah it works just like a ship, anything docked to it drains power from its host entity so the station needs enough power to run it's own business as well as any potential docked ships. So think big when it comes to station power.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Making something "consuming power," even if it is not working / recharging, in my personal opinion, is a kick in the ass.

I think I can give some suggestions, but I guess they will be lost like all the others in the void ..