Space Prius WIP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The server was lagging and crashing every 30-40 seconds so it was probally that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @crusade, it\'s a nick name i\'ve had since i was about 9 which was a good while before avatar :D

@danz, i spent a good few hours trying different layouts with 100 blocks but found no difference in power output. The one thing you should remember that the amount of shield you have seems to be divided over the amount of blocks you have in your ship. So a ship that has 100 shield and is made of 30 blocks will have a much stronger shield than a ship with 100 shield and 1000 blocks. Just something to remember :) (i might be wrong but these where my finding)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, i also created a 5x5x5 reactor:

9.520,4 e/sec
    76 Blocks

But i dont really get the point of building this. Using the same amount of Blocks (1 Base, 25 each axis xyz) will produce 31.357,9 e/sec

Isn\'t Block count more important than form factor?

For building the most efficient ship, the big reactor would be the better choice i think

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well it all depends on your ship if you have a huge capital ship having lots of these is more efficient than just dumping a square of gens in your ship, But these are only good for smaller ships because if you have a huge capital ship you will of course be able to make a larger reactor that will work better for its size than just dumping loads of these

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    fantastic work, It\'s more for fun of it, fun doesn\'t need to have a reason. I just hope that it helps others to understand how it works as this little adventure has done with me. If the result of all of this is that i build my reactors as an intergration into the ship rather than have a form factor then thats progress in my book. I picked up the game 3-4 days ago and already learned so much from the comunity. So thanks :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice topic, spent a lot of time myself on these \'cube generators\' and ive accomplished the following.

Dimensions - Blocks - e/sec - e per block

3x3x3 - 15 - 2051.6 - 136.8

5x5x5 - 64 - 4992.8 - 78.01

7x7x7 - 167 - 26,789.5 - 160.4

This tells us to stay well clear of 5x5x5, you could have four 3x3x3 reactors for the same weight and have almost twice the power.

However cubes are still very inefficient, take a look at the following two reactors, they both produce a little over 26,000 e/sec.

These both have much smaller masses than a 7x7x7 cube yet produce the same power. I realise the point of cube reactors is to stay compact but if you take the reactor on the right for example it is 68 blocks lighter!! And i think it is already starting to look like a space ship.

My 7x7x7 cube above can sustain the cloak, jammer and power 6 thrusters, now think what we could use the 68 block weight saving for! :)

So in summary, whilst the cubes do look beautiful they are just too heavy i think.

If anyone can beat my cubes e/sec records id be eager to see them.

thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    Your 5x5x5 is very low, you can have 9927. Also reactors in general are bad, its much better to just have ever-expanding \"lines\" of blocks instead of trying to squish them down. Heck, if you aren\'t going to have over 9 \"long\", it is more efficient to just have them completely separate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah you are quite right, the xyz stack method scales perfectly upwards but doesn\'t work on the smaller scale.

like with 3x3x3 reactors:

9+9+1 = 19 but produces less power than:

9+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 = 17 because its has more unique parts.

back to the 5x5x5 cubes:

three dimensional checkerboard gives us 8732.2

a more complicated design gave me 8739.8

i had to google the 9927 design, it uses a spiral design that only seems to work on the 5x5x5

7x7x7 and up id be very interested if anyone can beat the xyz stack method as follows:

7x7x7 - 27,547.0 (small adjustment to the one in my previous post)

9x9x9 - 64,767.8

I hope someone can beat these i love learning this sort of stuff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, you \'created\' a design that\'s been around for months that other players copied from other players that someone created a fair while back

Don\'t take credit for other people\'s work