Sound (echo?) bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have this odd bug where I believe the sound is just repeating. I have searched but the only "fixes" I can find simply state to restart my system and to update my sound drivers which I have already done. I assumed it was a problem with openal and have tried downloading the latest version and replacing the dlls in starmade with them to no avail.

I had a hard time describing the sounds to my friends so I ended up making a short video to show them.

http://youtu.be/AgySCTbb0h0

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem is with StarMade itself, I\'ve heard - I don\'t know of any fix, but I think Schema is working on correcting this. Don\'t quote me on that, though.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The problem in unfortunately not in my hand, since there isn\'t really much to it in my code. The error is happening when loading the openAL library.

I myself had already the same bug and I pretty much ruled out any error I could make. I even made a separate program that only loaded the library (copied code directly from lwjgl site) and played one sound, and it still echoed.

With new OpenAL version (that are included in lwjgl), the issue had gone away.

Do you have any other version of openAL installed on your system (in your java/lib for example), because that is prioritized on startUp. Try doing a computer wide search for the OpenAL dll names you find in /StarMade/native to check if you have another version installed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe I was able to fix this by download the 64 bit version of java. I hope this is a permanent fix and not just some fluke on my part.

Reaction score
    I can confirm that completely uninstalling java and re-installing 64 bit has fixed my sound issues

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have this bug, and none of the suggested solutions worked for me. Currently playing without game sounds.

:(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Uninstalling Java 7 32-bit and JavaFX 2 32-bit, and replacing them with the 64-bit versions, fixed this issue for me as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ... So if I\'m using a 32-bit OS on a 32-bit Processor, I\'m screwed, then? D:<

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Fix for echo sounds StarMade

1. Copy the OpenAL32.dll found in ....\\starmade\\native\\windows.

2. Go to C:\\windows\\system 32.

3. Rename the OpenAL32.dll to OpenAl.dll.old

4. Paste the OpenAL32.dll you copied from the starmade folder.

5. Open the game and listen to the sound.

6. If it did not work, go to C:\\windows\\SysWOW64 and repeat step 3-5

7. Enjoy StarMade

Reaction score
    I had same issue and it went away after changing to a 64bit browser(for minecraft). I think that required 64bit java so it may well just be enough to change just java. If you still get it with 64bit java then maybe try 64bit browser? I use Nightly which is 64bit Firefox.