Some rails not working after update?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I just tried to get into a ship of mine and the sliding door (using rails) wouldn't open. It's a pretty simple design - the door is attached to some simple rails that slide up when you hit the button next to the door. After several seconds of delay, the door slides back down into place. I tried to get into the ship through the other external door that is designed the same - also without luck. I broke a couple of blocks to get into the ship, and the first internal door I tried (same design as the last two) worked just fine.

I got into the ship core and followed the logic connections through for the doors affected - in both cases all of the connections seem to be intact, and when activated the simple rails switch direction for the allotted amount of time before returning to the close position. The rail docker on the door just doesn't react to the rail.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Had the same problem as well. If you undock the it and re dock it will work. Problem is you have to set the rail logic to how it was when you original docked it or its the wrong way around. So it might take a couple tries.

I also only had this problem with rails on the face to the left only. The rails on the upward face all worked fine

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that is probably the outcome of a bug fix to a problem where rail movent got stuck.
    the solution is indeed redocking. had it in one dev build to and after redocking it was fine afterwards.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point. Between the need to re-dock everything to get it to recognize that it's docked, and re-connecting all of the wireless logic, all I'm doing is fixing stuff this update broker rather than actually exploring what this update added.

Reaction score
    Ahhh crap.. Fired up the game and found nothing working today.
    I'm assuming all my rails need to be redocked - and they're all complicated no way to easily redock without building everything all over again (example landing pads - giant hanger doors that do complex hidden movements...) Screw it the ship will remain broken - Have a feeling something else is going to change after I rebuild everything...

Reaction score
    Yeah this is BS...
    Is there any chance in hell there will be a way to just select a docker and select the rail to dock it to - without having to be in the core?

Like a gun tool or something.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea ive redocked, rebuilt, and redone everything and it wont work...

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    One thing that can help a bit with items that are hard to re-dock is to place a pickup point on the rail. That isn't always easy or possible after everything is already built and docked though.