Bug Some pickup rails nov visable

Reaction score
    Some pickup rails have disappeared off one of my ships. Docked entities still use them as if they were there. Advanced build mode doesn't show them but responds as if the block were there (yellow bounding box shows up.)

I have tried:
    clearing client cache
    despawning and respawning the ship
    removing and replacing the block
    loading it as a blueprint

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Can you upload a blueprint of the ship, or show a screenshot of the location where it happens?

- Andy

Reaction score
    Can you upload a blueprint of the ship, or show a screenshot of the location where it happens?

- Andy
    Will do. Upon further investigation, it seems to be several chunks that are corrupted. Do you want me to upload it to community content or someplace else?

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Can upload a zip here, or in a direct message to me.
    Sharing a possible corrupted entity on community content may result in odd situations if someone does not know about this thread.

- Andy

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    upload_2017-4-10_20-9-17.png

Okay, loaded the ship now.

Where exactly do I have to look for the non-working rails?
    The ship is a bit too large to try every single dock and look if its working properly.

- Andy

Reaction score
    The rails are all working just not visible. Other blocks are missing as well. For some reason, I'm having issues uploading to the dock today. I'll try and explain the location.

On the bottom of the ship, there are two vertical sections of pickup rail. They appear to stop but they actually continue. The "hitbox" is there for them in advanced build mode. The blocks just aren't visible.

In the "bridge" area. Just above the transporter, a metal grill catwalk is there but not visible.

The "missing" blocks are all there and seem to have hit boxes and seem to work, however, thy can't be seen and when replaced with a different block that block turn's invisible as well.

I will attempt to upload images when I get home.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Ah. there:
    upload_2017-4-11_13-22-59.png

Did not notice it immediately, looked a bit like a ramp on the sides, but the door should have given a good clue its not complete that way.

Going to look into that in more details, but looks like a clear rendering bug, going to forward this blueprint.

- Andy
    [doublepost=1491912303,1491909897][/doublepost]Okay, found the cause.

T1889 - Rotate cargo space blocks, break rendering in current chunk and sometimes in surrounding chunks

A large scale mass remove of cargo blocks did make the grills show up.

May be a stray cargo space or alike that is rotated.

upload_2017-4-11_14-0-52.png

The bad guy must be between the red lines.
    I tried to strip the top cargo disk, from cargo spaces, but that did not make the blocks show up again.
    Mass wiped the "head" part and they were still not showing.
    After cleaning the "top-disk" and the "head" I tried to mass remove everything in front of the dock arm.
    That finally made the grills show up again.
    So I assume somewhere in neck part must be a stray cargo space that has been rotated. (or I did not clear the disk part properly...)

Removing all cargo between the red lines will fix it for sure.
    You can then place them again, and check in small logical steps when the rendering breaks. (Need to press F1 + F6 to re-render, once rendered they wont vanish until complete reload... that makes this bug extra hard to track...)

- Andy

Reactions: Macharius