Some new bugs since update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    1. Continuously spawn several km from last position when joining game.
    2. Docked entities jumping off the ship and up to several km away.
    3. Lighting becoming washed out.

I've only encountered 1 while in multiplayer, but it happens every time I join the server (Shattered Skies.)

The problem with docked entities jumping away is a new one that hit me today. Several turrets, and myself, suddenly jumped away from the ship when I was trying to dock a sliding door to the ship. Every time I tried to re-dock one of the turrets I was teleported away from the ship with the turret. Eventually I did a full repair of the game, but when I tried it again I was teleported away with a bunch of new turrets. Unlike the first time, this time some of them were only portions of a turret rather than the whole item. Also, when I jump away in the turret I was docking, the turret acts like it is docked to something even though the ship is nowhere around. All of the turrets, in one of the two different locations, are aligned just as they would be on the ship.

The washed out lighting causes everything to look gray, almost like having the "lighten" box checked in advanced build mode. I've seen it in both multiplayer and single player.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The first two issues look a bit like building a station over a sector border, and then docking to it, from another sector.

The third is a bit weird, may you provide a screenshot of it happening?

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I don't have any kind of ftp site currently where I could post a screenshot.

Also, after the events of today, I've made the decision to hold off on playing until an update addresses the instability that has cropped up in the last couple of updates. I lost several hours of game play from the docked entities teleporting off, and having it repeat itself was all the warning I needed to stop playing. There's beta testing and then there's beta testing - and I don't get paid enough for that kind of pain. ;)

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    There is no instability introduced by the last updates, its most likely subjective or even server related stuff.

You can save a screenshot with any program you like, and then use the "upload a file" button on the forums here.
    Or even copy the image data and hit ctrl + v in the edit screen to instantly paste the imagedata into the post.

However, if you dont provide information, we cant really help you.
    And especially the docked parts being moved off, is a good indicator of a malfunction near a sector border, so in theory, it may be easiest to just visit that spot on the server and have a look at it.

Feel free to PM me the coordinates, if they are reachable I would take a look at that base/position.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Because it's you, AndyP, I will jump back in game and try and get you a screenshot. Note that the washout, from my observation, happens over time rather than being present all the time.

As for the coordinates, the teleporting happened in a single-player game. Will it help you to have the coordinates?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441084786,1441082584][/DOUBLEPOST]The coordinates for our starbase on the Shattered Skies server is at 125, 21, 62. This is where all of our faction members have been spawning in at some distance from the base since the update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Here is a screenshot showing the washed out graphics (in build mode.)
    starmade-screenshot-0048.png

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The washed out lighting is triggered by entering build mode atleast once. Once that happens it will cause that lighting issue with any entity you get close to. I posted about it a bit in this bug report: http://phab.starma.de/T538

The bug isn't triggered if shadows are disabled, so you may want to use that as a temporary fix.

Tho other stuff does sound like a sector border issue. Does it still happen if you move your ship to the center of a sector?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I've seen the lighting bug. It appears to be something akin to the Lighten mode being permanently toggled on.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I've seen the lighting bug. It appears to be something akin to the Lighten mode being permanently toggled on.
    same. at long range, there is no problems, but once in 200-300m range, it looks like Lighten mode. ( ex a shop )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Tho other stuff does sound like a sector border issue. Does it still happen if you move your ship to the center of a sector?
    I moved the ship after the turrets jumped the first time - bringing it closer to the turrets I needed to reattach. My original position was next to a defunct pirate base that I'd been testing the ship against, and I see now that the turrets jumped across the border. That could explain why it happened a second time, but I'm not sure it explains why it happened initially.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If the turrets where built in the shipyard its Bug T551 which according to the bug website has been addressed and is undergoing testing in dev build.

Consider yourself lucky you found them, mine simply vanished after logout

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    1. Continuously spawn several km from last position when joining game.
    2. Docked entities jumping off the ship and up to several km away.
    3. Lighting becoming washed out.

I've only encountered 1 while in multiplayer, but it happens every time I join the server (Shattered Skies.)

The problem with docked entities jumping away is a new one that hit me today. Several turrets, and myself, suddenly jumped away from the ship when I was trying to dock a sliding door to the ship. Every time I tried to re-dock one of the turrets I was teleported away from the ship with the turret. Eventually I did a full repair of the game, but when I tried it again I was teleported away with a bunch of new turrets. Unlike the first time, this time some of them were only portions of a turret rather than the whole item. Also, when I jump away in the turret I was docking, the turret acts like it is docked to something even though the ship is nowhere around. All of the turrets, in one of the two different locations, are aligned just as they would be on the ship.

The washed out lighting causes everything to look gray, almost like having the "lighten" box checked in advanced build mode. I've seen it in both multiplayer and single player.
    Wow, I was going to post this too. My main issue is with the docked entities undocking. So frustrating for lifts, doors and mechanically moving components, because they're often internal and I have to delete blocks to get to the hidden core. :-(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441147694,1441147462][/DOUBLEPOST]I find docked entities docked to other entites are undocked when I've started my client and connected to my server. Happens to random entities and I can't seem to find anything common between them apart from them being entities docked to entities that are also docked.