Some figures for Missiles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep, that strange, maybe boost damage and reduce reload.

Reaction score
    Here is some other missile stats: http://www.reddit.com/r/Starmade/comments/1hxxrs/info_starmade_by_the_numbers_part_3_missiles_and/

Reaction score
    When you calculated the dps on the 11 missiles you should get 5.0317... and this correlates to a DPSPB of .4574... meaning that 7 is much superior. Also, you can manually reload missiles.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Hmm, noted and corrected, and double checked the rest for anywhere else Google Docs might have switched the cell references to the wrong rows on me while I was making the spreadsheet. :S

I think I\'ll keep the 11-size missiles that I\'ve set up, though, because of the increased speed over size 7 and 9, and because I wouldn\'t be able to fit another 7 or 9 in the space where I have the 11s (I could replace their ends with armor or shields, but eh). I believe i have installed some 7s or 9s, however, in certain ships (and one has a bunch of size-3 D1000s).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have you seen any speed difference from your missiles at all? I\'ve tried speeds ranging from 1.6 to 6.0 with missiles and they all flew at the same speed (roughly 25hm/h)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes.
    Try to make 5 different size group,and fire at the same time, you will see :].

Reaction score
    meh the best way to make an \"ion cannon\" right now is to make a bomber with like 4 10 block missile arrays and set them all to 100 damage, fly up till you crash into it and let loose for a unmissable shot.

Reaction score
    Im attempting to make a \"Doomsday Device\" currently stacking missiles together in 10^3 sections on a server, hopefully I can get the D1000\'s to make a 100 block hole in the ships I encounter. Something I noticed though, apparently if you don\'t increase the damage proportionally to the radius, you will not have all of the blocks in that \"radius\" being destroyed, or damaged matter of fact. So I think the way missiles work is center block recieves full damage, and surrounding blocks recived a fraction say 9/10\'s and then the ones around those recive 9/10ths of that damage, and so on, and so on. So theoretically speaking there is a wall of sorts that limits the actuall size of the yeild. It may be a bit more complex though, logically speaking it may require that blocks that are damaged first be destoyed before other blocks that surround them can start to be damaged, that would limit the yeild even more, making missile\'s over 500-700 starting damage completly illogical. That being said, I still want to try!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for providing this great research! Bookmarked so I can start improving my ship tomorrow! :) Can\'t wait for more stats.

Reaction score
    Having seen the damage done to my own ships by missile toting pirates, I am quite sure that the simple dps/reload time is not an accurate representation of missile damage. There were spots in the hull where the damage on softer blocks underneath was quite catastrophic compared to damage on the armored surface. The damage calculation using the radius and 4 phases that Schema describes would have to be taken into account.

I do agree that missiles need a buff. There needs to be a massively increased speed base value that decreases proportionately to the number of missile blocks (bigger = slower). Reload times would have to be considered separately and carefully after implementing that change, so as to not give small or massive weapon systems significant advantages in all situations. I think the idea is that big missiles should be good for some situations, and small missiles should be good for others.

On a side note - amc dps is also kind of skewed. I mean, if my main cannon does 8000 damage per shot, and reloads in .5 seconds, that does not mean I am applying 16000 dps. It means I am one-shotting one block at a time once I get through shields (800 dps max on hardened hull). For shields, yes, this is absolutely effective, but not once you hit structure.