*SOLVED* Memory leak? Or something else?

Reaction score
    Hey guys...in the last 2 dev builds I've been having memory issues (among other things)... playing at default settings, it's not long before I have a server msg saying "running out of memory, increase min and max values in launcher".

Well, I can only increase to 1024 and that still gives me the running out of mem msg in no time, and the game then freezes, and stutters like it's running at 1-2 fps. (Mem leak?)

If I increase it to more than 1 Gig it crashes on load up with a "GLException: OUT_OF_MEMORY" error.

I should point out that I always used to play at 1440x900 res, but now i have to drop to 1360x768 just to get the game to load...and then it's not long before im "out of memory".

No shadows enabled

Win7 64
    ASUS Crosshair iv Formula mobo
    AMD Phenom ii 1050 x6 @ 3.5GHz oc
    16GB 1333mhz DDR3
    2 x Radeon HD 7770's in X-Fire
    Intel SSD

Java up to date
    catalyst control center up to date

Any ideas? Or is it a case of waiting for a fix? Would just like to know if it's just me.

Cheers

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Edit: this is SP. have tried many different settings...same problem occurs...low mem warning at default settings and with 1024 allocated...any more than that, game doesnt load

Reaction score
    Solved. Thank you very much AndyP. For some reason, when asked to install java64 it decided 32 is what I really meant...cheers Java! One manual install, and tweaked memory settings and so far so good :)

Reaction score
    and no one told me how do i play the dev build,thanks.......for nothing

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Hehe, all fine, put him in the conversation. =)