*solved* Crash on attempt to start up

Reaction score
    I cannot get this game to run/install. The first time I attempted to install it, it opened, but it said that I had to run it as an administrator in order to install it. The second time, I got this error.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    From the look of your desktop, it seems like you are executing jar files with 7zip instead of java itself. 7Zip probably overwrote the program to start .jar files with.

To open the file with java, right click on the starter -> open with -> if there is something like 'java platform' appearing, choose that (DONE), or else select 'choose default program' -> look in the next window if something like 'java platform' is already apprearing. If yes, choose that (DONE), if not -> click on browse... -> go to \\programs\\Java\\jre(something)\\bin\\ and select javaw.exe (DONE)

I hope I could help you, if not, feel free to post again. I will do my best to get it running on your machine

Reaction score
    I have been attempting to open it with Java (TM) Platform SE Binary

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I uploaded the special Windows Version of the Launcher as a .exe File. You can download it @ www.star-made.org/download

I hope this works for you now. (You still have to move the launcher somewhere, where you have access... (doubleclicking from the firefox download window for example doen't work fo me))

Reaction score
    That worked for me, thank you. Avast told me that the file was potentially unsafe, though.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Great that it worked!

Hmm that warning from avast was probably automatic, because the exe is just a wrapper for a jar file and most virus scanner don't like wrappers at all. But I can assure you, that my program isn't harmfull ^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i am actually having the same problem i believe. When i start the server up it goes on to loading all of the items and such. But at 69% it crashes all the time

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    can you send a crash report? If it just crashes without any error message, you can use the CrashAndBugReport.jar in the StarMade directory to send a report manually.
    thx,
    schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello I also have a problem on starup, my game loads perfectly fine, and installed perfectly fine however it gets to 99%, initiates as far as iam aware, then goes off. Please help and I will deffinately consider donating :)

Reaction score
    Hi, you should open a new topic maybe cause this one is reated as "solved"
    Otherwise, try sending manually the logs of the game ( there might be the error in it ) with CrashAndBugReport.jar

It may be because you are using a 32 bit of java on a 64 bits Windows that could cause the problem you describe.
    ( If it's not that, i've no idea sorry )

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I found the error (shield hit shader used a function incompatible with his graphics card). A fix is going to be released with the next update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have gone to the support page and told it is a common problem. But i manually installed the files and the launcher works but once I join a server it gets to 99% then it crashes. My intel graphics card IS in fact updated. I will try to roll back once or twice. Then i this im running a 32 bit java on a 64 so ill try that too! if anyone else has any other solutions please tell me! THANKS

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay so I finally got mine working and it turns out it had not much to do with graphics card. So there are a few fixes to this error. I suggest you Check Reason 3> Section B Before going through all the hard stuff.

1. One reason an error may be caused is an un-updated Graphics card. Here is how to fix it.

A. Windows 8 and up users:

• You will need to put you cursor in the top right of your screen or do Windows Button+C
    • Then select the search
    • Go to your device manager.
    • Select the \"Display Adapters\" Dropdown and select your graphics card.
    • After in the menu of your graphics card go to Driver>Update Driver>Automatic Search option
    • After downloading update, you will need to restart computer and cross your fingers
    • Try to start up your Starmade. If same error occurs, go to next reason

B. Windows 7 and lower users:

• Go to your Control Panel located on the right side of your start menu
    • Then go to: System and Security>System
    • Select the device manager on the left side of window (ADMINISTRATOR ACCESS ONLY)
    • Select the \"Display Adapters\" Dropdown and select your graphics card.
    • After in the menu of your graphics card go to Driver>Update Driver>Automatic Search option
    • After downloading update, you will need to restart computer and cross your fingers

2. Another reason may be a Java.exe Error

A. Known error A is an outdated version of java.

• You may notice java ask for a updte when you start your computer, if so, UPDATE IT!
    • If the notice is not appearing, Simply redownload Java
    • *After that depending on your computer, you may have to reboot it for the redownload to take effect
    • *Dont worry about it affecting your computer to have 2. The most recent one will take effect in place of older version. But for storage, you can delete the older version(recommended)

B. Known Error B is a download error or false download

• Now ages back you may have installed java incorrectly whether it be that you nstalled the wrong bit (64 bit; 32 bit) or an error while installing(Computer freezing;disconnecton to internet during Download)
    • The fix to this is similar to last one but will require some research into your computer.
    • Go to your Control Panel located on the right side of your start menu
    • Then go to: System and Security>System
    • In this area you will scroll down and see the \"System Type: \" section
    • After this will be the operating system type.
    • Then go to where your java is installed and check if it is the same operating bit type
    • If you see it is the same, Go to the final reason
    • If its a different Operating bit type or maybe you just cant find whatbit type it is, Go to the website and download to correct operating bit type
    • It is recommended you delete the old update to remove any future confusion but it will not effect anything

3. My Last reason would be something is fucked up with your graphics card or your download,

A. If something is wrong with your graphics card driver I cant help you very much but i wish you luck.

• Go to the support chatroom and see if thre is anyone online who is smarter than me and knows how to operate a motherboard\'s BIOS correctly.
    • If no one is online look up on forums and youtube how to use bios on your computer
    • Once you are in your BIOS go to advanced and look for a setting that has to do with a \"VRAM\"
    • If not allocaed in advanced you may have to look around for it
    • If you do not have a vram in your graphics card you are basicly fucked but you will probably have to check youtue and google how to fix and go on support every once in a while.
    • If you do have a Vram contact my skype (boy1237771) so can take yu through stp by step instructions on how to fix it.

B. There may be a download issue which is probably the first thing you should check but fuck it i shall place it at the bottom. Here i will teach you how to reinsall and redownload.

• If you recieve an error that has to do which server connection or installation error go on support chat and ask what the error was caused by or google it
    • If installation error

Delete your starmade files and Update and Reinstal in the launcher

[*]If download error

• A download error is easy to spot. In the bottom left of the launcher if the letters are green saying the files were found, There is nothing wrong with the download and all files were correctly downloaded.
    • If the bottom right letter are red and the files could not be found, it IS a download error
    • You will need to delete all files and download the manual 7zip packet located under alternate download.
    • Then try your launcher again and hope the letters turn green
    • Otherwise check the other reasons if you haven\'t already
    • If this is your LAST RESORT and nothing else is working and the letters are red, contact support in support chat

Hey guys so I HOPE, LIKE A LOT!! that this worked cause it took a LONNNGGG time to write. If it was helpfull maybe shoot me a message telling me what was wrong and a little thanks would be appreciated so i know this was worth it. Though if nothing here worked and support cant fix anything I am severely sorry cause this gam is amazing. You can give me a shout on here or if im offline on my skype (boy1237771) and ill give it my best shot!

Good Luck! And have a nice day!