solution for corrupted blueprints that don't spawn

Reaction score
    Schema your blueprint file saving is a bit buggy. anyone who has problems with your ship spawning from a blueprint here is what the problem is 99% of the time. go into your starmade file, (most likely in the downloads) go to the blueprints, pick a ship folder, click on the folder that says DATA and then look at the folder. If the file is in giberish then rename the file to ENTITY_SHIP_(your ship's name and dont use the parenthesis).0.0.0.smd2

the smd2 shouldn't be highlighted so dont worry about that .smd2 unless you actualy removed part. Schema I think the problem would lie in your file naming, whether it be an algorithm or whatever (I haven't looked in the starmade.jar so I'm not too shure) but this needs to be fixed since it removes the money and annoys people plus puts stress on server owners and admins to be busy repaying people when they could be helping out with more important bugs.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention another needed tiny bit of info that is actually important. some of the bigger ships will have multiple smd2 files with different endings. keep the endings to whatever .0.0.0 or .0.0.1 or whatever it has for those numbers. just keep that ending part as is for all the files in the DATA folder.

Reaction score
    This fix has been posted a few times already but yours is one of the simplest ones.

Reaction score
    It took little time to find out about how to fix this but that is because I study programming so a file in giberish is a red flag to me. As for this being simple, the reason itself is simple. I found 2 topics with solutions to this, one was annoying, long, and didn\'t solve the problem. the other one was just overcomplicating the whole thing and acted like we are as smart as most game tutorials make us out to be. I know there is probably more, just as good solutions but I did what I\'d think the average person would do when searching for a solution to a bug and came up with those solutions.

Reaction score
    ive had this problem before. unfortunately, it doesnt work on ships that are works in progress. i had a ship i was working on, and it would spawn correctly everytime i started a game, but everytime it did, a quarter of it was reset to its condition from an earlier time period. the file was corrupted, but everytime i renamed it, went back in, and tried to change the corrupted section of the ship, the whole file would get corrupted again.

ive also noticed that a lot of times, the name is gibberish, but it still spawns correctly. this solution only works some of the time, and gibberish isnt always an indication of a corrupted ship file.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Renaming the file doesn\'t remove the money cost, I\'ve renamed ones that weren\'t loading (due to having extra \".\"s in their names) without that happening or any of the other glitches (like missing items, etc - everything was there). It sounds like it didn\'t actually save the file properly at all. The gibberish name is just how it saves files that are exported instead of saved normally (and there\'s a bug where it sometimes puts a character in the filenames that causes it to screw up when it tries to read the file; If I were going to guess, it failed to parse the filename to get the version. But that would be different from the file not being completely written out or not being flushed before being closed, which could also be what is happening if for some reason your system isn\'t automatically flushing it before closing.

Reaction score
    This isn\'t always the problem but it is a major one. Trafaigar I would agree with your statement because the same issue with flushing systems has come up in so many bugs so I\'d think that whatever schema used for system flushing should just be overhauled because it has been \"fixed\" too many times with little results. as for the file having specific ship parts corrupting that would be most likely inside the data file and commonly happens to big ships for being so large and hard to store properly. to actualy sove that problem would require downloading software to read .smd2 files but since I rarely see smd2 files and less of the time have a problem with them I won\'t be downloading the software and posting how to fix that and anyway I shouldn\'t need to because schema should be adressing this if it has so many levels to it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seems saving ships \"As new Entry\" avoids the corruption.

Corrupted ships will load in server of origin. (At least, when we tested).

Corruption occurs seemingly only when saving in local catalog.

Reaction score
    the title says it all. we made the ship we deserve to show it off. if you didnt make it well then you just got lucky if it is a good one. Unless you have the worlds best server for the next few hundread updates the local catologe is a must.

Reaction score
    I spent 2 days straight working on and improving aspects of ships and testing and I thought it was all lost when I could not spawn them from the catalog then I found this and it fixed everything thank you so much.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you can\'t seem to save what you built from a server to local, try saving it to the server instead. Then, just buy a new one, get in the new one, and try to save THAT one to local.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Player 0s and 1s I thank you because you just saved all my work.

It\'s worked flawlessly everytime and will save me much ingame money.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    dont helps anymore.

What can i do when not all turrets are spawning ? i only can rename the ship, but not the attacheds

Edit : Otherwise when i rename the ship it dont helps too. Only a big ( from 2 ) and 1 small ( from 16 ) turrets are spawning without a shipcore so they stand around :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Cuz it works for me. Just rename them like you would do with the ship. Still works for me ^^

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    the attached dont have a smd2 file to rename

only header.smbph, logic.smbpl, meta.smpm

On our server a lot of blueprints are broken in singleplayer or for outher players. On our server is all fine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve had the same issue (trying to spawn a turret from a bluprint), where the cash is taken from my wallet but the turret doesn\'t spawn. Tried a few times and eventually got a message that I\'m not near a shop (even though the money was still taken from my wallet).

I travelled to a shop and was able to spawn the turret ok.

I didn\'t have the gibberish file described in some of the above comments, so this may be a different bug that just has a similar effect.

Hope this is useful to someone,

Regards,

GhostSabre