Solaris Combine Shipwerks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Welcome to the home of the Solaris Combine Shipwerks, servicing the needs of the Solaris Combine and its posthuman overlords! If you're here, you're either looking to buy our fine merchandise, which you rightly should desire, or we've 'accidentally' converted your solar system into a dyson sphere and you're here to lodge a formal complaint. We'll just assume the former, because it's better for us and less aggravating for you!

So what makes Combine ships so special? Well, for starters, we don't waste space on pesky life support or pressure hulls. Too expensive. Don't need 'em. You need to breathe you can do it in someone else's deathtraps.

What we do offer is a comprehensive and high-tech solution to the universal problem of too many living things and not enough dead things. Each component of our amazing, state-of-the-art murderwagons is lovingly hand-crafted by the cold, uncaring manipulators of our massive automated manufactories. Take our patented Halo Drive, for example. Just by swishing some anti-matter around some rings, we simultaneously create rotating exotic electro-magnetic fields that super-cavitate space-time and allow our ships to accelerate to superluminal speeds AND release massive amounts of cancer causing radiation! Neat! Just don't let anybody shoot at it. Seriously, don't.

To better protect our big fancy super-donuts, we put them on the back of our ships. And then we put armor on the front. Pretty simple stuff, really. Now, you might notice that Combine ships don't have any windows. Don't need 'em! That big, sexy carapace is made from polarized redluminum, a rare and incredibly expensive, incredibly difficult to produce material that allows us to comfortably armor our delicate ship-parts, while being able to discretely watch your every move. Like the mirrors in interrogation rooms. Just think. You can't see us. But we're in there. Watching you. Judging.

Now, while our ships are configured to bring the maximum amount of firepower and armor to bear directly ahead of them, sometimes the flow of battle takes you in another direction. Like a broadside. We do NOT recommend broadsides. But if you do find yourself sidled up to some ornery customer, worry not! Our ships are also configured to bring at least most of their firepower to bear in a broadside. But that doesn't make their side armor any less rubbish. Also it voids your warranty. You've been warned!

Without further ado, we'll leave you peruse our fine selection of genocide engines.

Please note: some (read most) of these are placeholders. They will be available at a later date. Probably

Weapons

Here you will find all of the modular weapon systems used by Combine ships. Use of standardized weapon systems speeds up refit and allows admirals to tailor ship performance to suit a variety of roles.

Razorback Light Turret

Available here. 6-pack

The smallest mass produced turret in the Combine arsenal. That's it. They have a mohawk. So that's pretty neat.

Shredder CIWS

Get yours here! 6-pack

The Shredder Close in Weapon System is a marvel of modern technology. This small, rapid fire turret is designed for killing fighters and strike craft, but its high rate of fire make it equally effective against larger targets. Its only shortcoming is its range. Which is pitiful.

Peacemaker Medium Assault Turret

Get you some!

Designed to fit any Combine standard medium mount, the Peacemaker fires swarms of supercharged nanites at its target, overloading shields and devouring the hull beneath. Mmm, scrumptious! It's like a double-barrel shotgun for spaceships.

Widowmaker Medium Sniper Turret

Never know what hit'em!

The widowmaker was developed as part of the Advanced Weapons and Defense Research Provision's (A.W.De.R.P) Project Hunter to provide some much needed long-range capability to Combine warships. Built to be compatible with Combine standard medium turret mounts, the Widowmaker boasts ranges of up to 800m, though the crippling heat generated by its single-coil linear light-mass accelerator precludes rapid fire functionality.

Spacecraft

Below are listed all of the ships currently in production by the Combine Shipwerks. We can't guarantee any of them are any good, but we can guarantee that we have a strict no refund policy. And you can take that to the bank!

Suppressor Drone

Get yours today! 6-pack

The Suppressor drone could best be described as an answer to the challenge to design a less useful fighter. Meant to confuse, annoy, and baffle more than debilitate or destroy, Suppressors are carried in some capacity by all warships. Tedious to configure, and with a limited operation time, these are really only useful as decoys. 'Smart chaff' as we like to call them.

Fang Interceptor

Get it here. 6-pack

The Fang interceptor is designed as a disposable alternative to point defense. Lightly armored, but sporting the firepower of a Shredder, these nimble little buggers will make short work of enemy fighters. If only they didn't use a toaster for an onboard computer, we might get them to shoot at enemy turrets, too. Wouldn't that be swell!

Talon Heavy Gunship

This way to get one

The talon is the workhorse of Combine fleets. Rugged, dependable, and versatile, they are deployed as gunships to shore up the point-defense of capital ships, as dropships to deliver fearsome Combine troops during planetfall, or as support gunships for ground forces. And seriously. Those little leggy things are adorable.

Tusk Fast Attack Craft

While supplies last!
    The Tusk fills the role of a Fast Attack Craft in much the way that a cat fills a fishbowl. Which is to say, remarkably well, considering how solid and non-pourable a cat appears at first glance. With two fixed-mounted Peacemakers and a unique Dual Linear Light Mass Driver for armaments, the Tusk is quite well suited to taking out corvette class vessels, and in packs they can even bring down destroyers. Throw enough sharp sticks at something it's bound to die sooner or later, that's the Combine's motto!

Seeker Corvette

Now in stock here.

The Seeker is the smallest warship produced by the Combine Shipwerks. Sporting advanced sensors, a full-size Halo Drive, a complement of the ubiquitous Suppressor drones and enough firepower to make a small asteroid quake with fear, the Seeker enjoys deployment as a picket ship, or in fleet actions as a fast-response attack ship.

Hunter Frigate

Slayer Destroyer

Maw Light Carrier

Stalker Cruiser

Predator Battlecruiser

Ravager Battleship

Devourer Fleet Carrier

Despoiler Assault Carrier

Harrower Leviathan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a bird! It\'s a plane! Well, actually it kind of is a plane. It\'s the Fang Interceptor! The first genuinely original ship to roll off the Solaris Combine production lines.

Look at her. So majestic. So sleek and elegant. A fluke convergence of artistry and engineering, or a portent of greater things to come from the Combine Shipwerks? Only time will tell. Download the Fang here!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Great looking little fighter and you did a good job with your refit of the Nocturne, I can\'t wait to see more.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    One of the coolest things about the Sword of the Stars games, which I love, is the fact that every race has their own, unique FTL system, and these systems play a large part in the aesthetic of their ships. So far, most of the builders I\'ve seen have just slapped big blocks of thrusters on the backs of their ships and called it good enough. I don\'t want to do that. I want to follow in the footsteps of Mister Vec and make the back of my ships as interesting to look at as the front. To that end, I\'ve devised the Halo Drive. While not quite as clever or efficient as Mister Vec\'s Fantail Drive, they nonetheless take advantage of the dimensional scaling of both power and thruster blocks to generate a lot of power and linear acceleration.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Having a unique aesthetic option is a great way to make a fleet of ships that look like they all belong together.

I did mostly slap engines on the back but tried to make them look as good as possible and I\'m happy with the results so far. In my \"extended universe\" my capital ships are propelled by micro stars contained in little dyson spheres, there isn\'t really a good way to portray this in starmade and I never actually drew up any schematics so I just build blind. My ships are all turning out to be big bulky tanks so it works.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Progress on the Talon heavy gunship was slowed by a slight technical malfunction. It seems the prototype Light Halo Drive that was to be fitted to the ship was producing underwhelming subluminal acceleration. After armoring, the drive produced barely enough thrust to drag its own mass out of a gravity well. The engineering program responsible for the prototype\'s construction has since been sequestered, along with all of his descendant subroutines. The new Halo Drive prototype, which his successor emphatically assures us is stable and not in any way prone to exploding for literally no reason, has been fitted to the Talon spaceframe currently under construction, to our great pleasure. Boasting nearly four times the thrust factor of the previous design, this new drive should allow the Talon to maintain a comfortable 2:1 thrust to mass ratio, even after the armor and weapons have been fitted.

To better intimidate the weak carbon-based species infesting the galaxy, we have been authorized to release this development image. All hail Origin! All hail Solaris!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Definetely more creative and original than most.

The Wolf likes!

Reaction score
    very nice work, we will have to keep our long range scanners set for Red to make sure a group of these don\'t waltz up to our base

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    EDIT: Our fabrication servitors failed to install critical systems in the original production run of the Talon. The link to the Talon Requisition Request Form has been updated.

Our fabrication servitors worked through the night to finish the first run of Talon heavy gunships, and there sure are a lot of them! But not too many. So, you know, they\'re gonna be pricey. But who can put a pricetag on perfection? We can, that\'s who! And it\'s a big one. Get them here!

Look at that one in the bottom middle. What the heck is he doing? Tell you what, buy two, you can have that one half price.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For a rig that carries this kind of load without breaking a sweat. Besides, it\'s nothing to have a swarm of ships on screen, it\'s another thing when they all start moving and shooting. That can get kind of dicey.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m making these available here and here, respectively. The Shredders on the Talon, due to an egregious oversight that I just don\'t want to upload another version to correct right now, lack faction modules. Fixed Shredders are available for individual download, or you can make the modification manually.This is an oversight which eluded our detection until now because we have been spawning ships for testing via admin commands. We shall be more vigilant in the future.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have actually had that many ships on my screen at once. But the moving and shooting principle, I can definitely understand. I shudder to think what that would do to my computer...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Our murdertologists have been hard at work developing new and exciting ways to kill all of you squishy carbon based meatsacks! Rejoice, as we unveil the Peacemaker Medium Assault Turret! Designed to fit any Combine standard medium mount, the Peacemaker fires swarms of supercharged nanites at its target, overloading shields and devouring the hull beneath. Mmm, scrumptious! It\'s like a double-barrel shotgun for spaceships.

What\'s this? Someone seems to have fitted a VFW Bolero with Peacemaker turrets. Why would anyone do that, we wonder?

I\'m sure there\'s no good reason any neckbearded engineer program would fit such big turrets to a corvette. Couldn\'t possibly be part of a field test for any prototypes we have in development. That\'s absurd.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Nice to see the Bolero getting around, thats deffinatly some kind of overkill edition though :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the Peacemaker have gone favorably. Satisfied with its primary armament, we are now ready to begin prototyping of the Seeker class corvette. Stay tuned over the following cycles as our propaganda viruses inundate your feeble networks with production images of this newest and most deadly Combine warship.

Reaction score
    The first time I read that title I read it as \"shipwrecks\". Well done brain, great job!