Solaris Combine Shipwerks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    a little of column b. With the AMC nerf that\'s coming down the pipe, our predominantly short-range weaponry is certainly set to produce a lot of wrecks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    For progress on the Seeker corvette advances at an incredible pace! Seen here is the outline of his majestic carapace. Note the prodigious weaponry of this, the least of Combine warships, and know your doom approaches. Please look away from the exposed Halo Drive. That is top-secret, proprietary Combine technology, and we assure you that you will glean no data that will assist you in repelling our attacks from studying this image. None. Whatsoever.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Our Seeker corvette nears completion, tremble in awe at his majesty! Swoon in fear of his weaponry! Fall into fits of apoplexy at his pricetag! We uh, we did not expect this one to cost so much. Pretty much still a hollow shell and already over 12million credits. Oh well! universal conquest is not for the faint of heart!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    do you call something that bloody big a corvette?

My Covettes would be lucky to make half that size.

Nice ship though, I really like it :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    According to standard Combine doctrine, a corvette is a rapid response ship under 100m, whose purpose in fleet actions is to quickly reinforce formations as they fall under duress from hostile counterattack. The role of a frigate, a ship between 100m and 150m, on the other hand, is to provide long range support for fleet engagements, and though lightly armored for their class, are nimble enough to easily relocate to suit the needs of the fleet.

We will be posting more on Combine fleet docrtine at a later date.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I\'m sorry, I wasn\'t aware it was meant to look like a cow.

Get it? Beefier? Ahhhh nevermind.

We all tend to use our own classifications. One persons corvette is anothers Fighter, while anothers Frigate. Your corvette is about a frigate by my classification, but mine is void anyway considering it\'s your ship.

Anyways, I can\'t wait to see what you come up with next :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    A patrol picket guards the nascent Seeker as he completes his internal configurations.

And seen here, a rare glimpse into the heart of a Seeker. What tempers burn within? Hatred for all life. Obviously.

Reaction score
    Omar fleet doctrine! We need a standardized classifacation system, and yours makes sense.

Reaction score
    Omar fleet doctrine! We need a standardized classifacation system, and yours makes sense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The interior has been a nightmare of oblique, poorly lit angles. What is even going on in these ships? It\'s like they simply were never designed for human habitation.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Fleet doctrine really depends on your building style too, if you build long skinny ships your lengths are greater than if you build wide ships or bulky ships like I do.

Also the VFW Corvette is a little bigger than others might be because VFW doesn\'t field a gunboat that would be sized between corvette and friggate.

Reaction score
    In that case, is there a half decent ship classifacation page somewhere? Preferably leaning toward larger ships, for example, a 20 by 20 by 80 ship is a corvette. Help would be appriciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Of the VFW\'s fleet doctrine a while back. Understand that these are loose guidelines, and that a ship\'s class has more to do with its intended role than its actual length or displacement. Even in the real world, there simply is no universal ship cpassification system. Each navy builds ships according to their needs and calls it whatever they feel is appropriate.
    https://star-made.org/content/vfw-standardized-fleet-doctrine-and-ship-classification

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sounds expensive. We just grab people and plug \'em in! Results are inconsistent at best.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    It has come to our attention that the Suppressor drones which shipped with the Seeker are defective. For reasons unknown, their tiny little batteries are draining even while they\'re freeloading off the ship. Cheeky little bastards! While power regeneration was not originally in their design specification, we have seen fit to release a slightly revised Suppressor. We are making these available now in the catalogue. Thank you for your patronage and have a miserable despair-filled fleshy existence.