So why are the old shops and stations still around?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So we had that competition a while back to replace these things but instead those competition stations have merely been added to them (The pirate ones don't actually function properly.)

Why are the old ones still around and why are the new ones not fully integrated?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well we can replace them ourselves but that said it'd be a pain to get to them all. I'd be nicer if all we had to do is upload a BP of one to the catalog, pick a faction(s) that uses it be they player or AI factions and than let the game rerandomize the stations we haven't seen yet so the new ones will turn up. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd say it's because for now they're meant merely as temporary stand-ins. Many of the features and from what I know quite a few blocks/non-block objects that stations would use are not yet done so whenever new stations come in they kind of are amusing gimmick at best currently, lacking any distinct, important services that would explain their existence.

I really liked the station design competition and would love to see another, but like I've said before - I'd rather first wait. No matter how beautiful the construction is, if it's just a fancy weapon platform or something you stop nearby to buy some stuff, no point in messing with it too much yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    -, no point in messing with it too much yet.
    Very much this, while I would love for the default stations to get some love, I agree it should wait until more of the features they have planned for them and the factions that will use them is implemented.

(Although can we please get a damn shop module on Trade Station Gamma already?)