So there are still people playing Starmade...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    recieved a comment on one of my older tutorials recently and was thinking, - right, Starmade what is going on over there...
    no new update on the horizon fixing the game issues it seems :( awww man, so much potential going wasted - still makes me sad...
    Anyway for you guys hanging in there wish you all the best.

Reaction score
    Starmade may have been a good game but not perfect. It allows creation of functioning, working spacecraft that is very unlike Minecraft but it still have a few shortcomings, such as the Power 2.0 that received criticism. I still play Starmade, occassionally. As Eric said, there might be updates out there... ;)

PS: I am new but getting cool with it. Thank you Drakkart and Gmodism for making tutorials that helped me. ^^

Reaction score
    Starmade may have been a good game but not perfect. It allows creation of functioning, working spacecraft that is very unlike Minecraft but it still have a few shortcomings, such as the Power 2.0 that received criticism. I still play Starmade, occassionally. As Eric said, there might be updates out there... ;)

PS: I am new but getting cool with it. Thank you Drakkart and Gmodism for making tutorials that helped me. ^^
    Hey thanks for saying that! Just found this now when I was googeling what even is happening with starmade XD

Also hey Drakkart, long time no see good you are still in business as well mate!

Cool that updates are coming in again then, was talking with schema some months ago when he said he get late summer, will play this game when it gets out, I have huge projects and templates ready for release (almost)
    Just didn't wanna do it when stuff stagnated so I'm hyped to get back!

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It's good to see you guys again. Your posts, vids and tutorials were always a pleasure to see. They were instrumental to some of my more advanced builds.

With over eight years (and counting) invested into playing this game; Starmade has become a little corner of creativity and nostalgia for me.

I still play in creative mode when I have spare time; mostly working on my own custom mods but it's good to know that the dev team is still working on the official build.

Maybe when my IRL issues are settled and Schema's dream is brought to fruition we'll meet again among the stars; either in his universe or mine.

o7

Reaction score
    This game sure as hell wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun. My hope remains that it will at least get back to a point where I actually enjoy building again.

The new systems just suck, but there are newer features that I like. If Schema would have opened up development earlier I think he could have saved himself the headache of trying to fix the various gameplay issues and just focused on expanding the game.

Oh well I know he has passion for this project, so let's see if he finds a way to make a comeback.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Even after all this time, this is still my third most played game according to Steam, and I played a whole lot before the steam version even came out. There's just nothing else out there that would be as satisfying in terms of design/functionality! It's a real shame that the repeated reworkings of the ship systems threw some people off, but here's to hoping this comes back to life some day.

Or, even if it doesn't, I'll still sure as heck be here, modeling crappy ships c:

Apropo, I've noticed the talk of mods in the discord, but I wasn't able to quite figure out which ones to keep an eye out for and how much do they add in terms of mechanics? Pointers, anyone?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    recieved a comment on one of my older tutorials recently and was thinking, - right, Starmade what is going on over there...
    no new update on the horizon fixing the game issues it seems :( awww man, so much potential going wasted - still makes me sad...
    Anyway for you guys hanging in there wish you all the best.
    remember your cool vids and builds from back in the day ;)

Reaction score
    The dev build was updated Monday, and again in August just a couple weeks ago. so it's also still being developed.
    sorry to correct you, the updates that we received the past 12 months are not made by schema, but by the modding community which merges the modloader piece by piece into the game. Schine isnt developing the game, rather just publishing the modding changes made by the community.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I feel like I'm walking into an old bar I used to frequent, and I'm seeing all these familiar faces here.

It's tough to imagine StarMade fully completed. I'll be overjoyed if we ever see major updates and reworks that look promising to the game's future.

For now, I continue to be a silent watcher.

Reactions: Rechkalov

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I also still exist! Just here to cringe at my old comments and shit.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Also hey Drakkart, long time no see good you are still in business as well mate!

Cool that updates are coming in again then, was talking with schema some months ago when he said he get late summer, will play this game when it gets out, I have huge projects and templates ready for release (almost)
    Just didn't wanna do it when stuff stagnated so I'm hyped to get back!
    sorry to correct you, the updates that we received the past 12 months are not made by schema, but by the modding community which merges the modloader piece by piece into the game. Schine isnt developing the game, rather just publishing the modding changes made by the community.
    Hi Gmodism nice 2 read ya... oh yeah long time no read! cool to see you still doing videos... i had to pause for personal reasons for a while and just started again batteling an uphill battle with YT ;)

oh and well that much on updates... :( *sigh* still very good memories...

It's good to see you guys again. Your posts, vids and tutorials were always a pleasure to see. They were instrumental to some of my more advanced builds.

With over eight years (and counting) invested into playing this game; Starmade has become a little corner of creativity and nostalgia for me.

I still play in creative mode when I have spare time; mostly working on my own custom mods but it's good to know that the dev team is still working on the official build.

Maybe when my IRL issues are settled and Schema's dream is brought to fruition we'll meet again among the stars; either in his universe or mine.

o7
    Thanks man, yeah gladly we enjoyed all those playing hours...

remember your cool vids and builds from back in the day ;)
    I feel like I'm walking into an old bar I used to frequent, and I'm seeing all these familiar faces here.

It's tough to imagine StarMade fully completed. I'll be overjoyed if we ever see major updates and reworks that look promising to the game's future.

For now, I continue to be a silent watcher.
    Feeling the exact same reading through those responds... Awww - good times - guys feel free to connect, i am still playing just ofc other stuff that actually works, probably will always have smth. to do with buildin. stuff. Aww cool beans reading all of ya!

Reactions: aceface

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I mean, we are planning on a release build for the modding API sometime this week... so yeah I'd say it's still being developed. Just not directly by Schema (for now).

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    When the world gets me down, through all the changes, I can come here and forever, there's a time capsule where I can relive 2015 all over again.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, it's been a long time. Although it would be cool for the game to be released one day, I've definitely become accustomed to it being forever in development. It means that I get whole servers practically to myself, without having to worry about faction politics or attacks from players. It's like how people in rural areas talk about leaving their doors unlocked because nobody is around. Granted, more features and players would be fun. In the meantime though, I'm enjoying the solidarity.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    hello gamers I too am still here... totally!
    one day i'll get around to learning power 2.0 and i'll make an effective ship... haha...

Good to see some of the old people pop in here : D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Without a doubt... great game!
    I too have enjoyed the " solidarity " of endless space!