SMEdit2

Reaction score
    lol I am playing StarMade and even hand crafted all of the pirates / npc on our server that our org runs lol. :) thank you so much for your comments it is exactly why I am working on this application because people wand and need me to. :) more to come in the next few days.
    I never got to use the original SMEdit because I started playing after it stopped working with the new versions of StarMade, so I am especially looking forward to this. From an artist's perspective, it will be like using photoshop vs MS Paint. It will help streamline the process of making ships with rounded edges and whatnot. I'm excited and can't wait for it to come out, thanks for what you're doing, keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Do you have any thoughts on maybe adding the ability to edit stations in smedit?
    Theres a huge station i would like to build, but the basic shape i need for it is so tediously massive that i cant bring myself to start it :(

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Do you have any thoughts on maybe adding the ability to edit stations in smedit?
    Theres a huge station i would like to build, but the basic shape i need for it is so tediously massive that i cant bring myself to start it :(
    you can edit stations now.

I will be putting out better tutorials showing how those things are done.

Basically choice "open file" (this will only work trying to open files from old game source at this time) go into the "server-database" folder and then into the folder named "DATA" look for the station name or number you want to open. Once you find the station file there might be many of them (bigger station means more files) you need the first file or then main file of the station. It will be have ".0.0.0" at the end of it. I know those numbers at then end can be confusing, but chose to open that file and SMEdit will open the whole station as a entity to be edited.

to make a station completely in SMEdit then save it and put it in game is something else but can be done easily too.

I need to get on visual (youtube) vids for things.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    When will this be 100% complete?

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When will this be 100% complete?
    I will be starting in house testing as soon as the new layout and added features are finished being implemented.

we are about 40% ready for in house testing. I have about 5 or so personal in house testers in my organization, and they will help me break it as many times as we can to polish it off for public release candidate testing.

I also have to polish up the site for the app to include forums and project layout that includes an existing app features and to do list. So that once public testing is started those helping to test can offer back support and help provide more in depth outlook for future features and polish of existing features.

so yeah about 40% ready for the first phase of in house testing.

Reaction score
    Now adding stand alone computer app support to what SMEdit2 will be offering.
    The first app is a bit of code that will be in the new development of the SMEdit2 application itself

It is called "SMEdit2_BlockLookup"
    This app is a small search window that updates as you type showing you the block ids for what ever you might be looking for.

SMEdit2_BlockLookup

SMEdit2_BlockLookup Download link
    Just a heads up with this: You cant search for weapons or weapon computers, I am assuming that your waiting till the next update for that because of all the changes but if not, just a heads up, and again LOVE this thing! =)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I love what you doing with this! Can't wait to see it done.

Btw, Will you be adding an easier symmetry mode to SMedit2? Would be extremely useful!
    (By symmetry I mean like the in game symmetry)

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I love what you doing with this! Can't wait to see it done.

Btw, Will you be adding an easier symmetry mode to SMedit2? Would be extremely useful!
    (By symmetry I mean like the in game symmetry)
    We can add that to the desired changes and thank you for your support. :)

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just a heads up with this: You cant search for weapons or weapon computers, I am assuming that your waiting till the next update for that because of all the changes but if not, just a heads up, and again LOVE this thing! =)
    Thank you we will be doing a update for this very soon and thank you for the support of it. :)

Reactions: Dimcreaper

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I want a Mirror Button

It takes one side of the ship and mirrors it to the other side so both are identical. What you would do is click the button and have it work just like the in-game symmetry allowing you to place the "symmetry line" anywhere.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I want a Mirror Button

It takes one side of the ship and mirrors it to the other side so both are identical. What you would do is click the button and have it work just like the in-game symmetry allowing you to place the "symmetry line" anywhere.
    Thank you for your interest in the project. I will add this to the list of desired features and see what we can do about it.

Reaction score
    ughf! I got a core to move...test faster (just saying).

~love Bannta

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ughf! I got a core to move...test faster (just saying).

~love Bannta
    Truly sorry for the delays in advancement. We have been swampt (as would be expected) with setting up a support site and preparing many directions for support such as indie plugin support, 3D files and blueprint downloads.

All of this has set us a week or so back from our plans (no clue why saying "we" and "our" when it is just little ole me lol)

I promise to get back on this ASAP, than thank you for your support :)

Reactions: Bannta
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There will be no SMEdit2 development from me at this time as SMEdit Classic has been reserved for Jo's past work on SMEdit and my main development will be reserved for simply SMEdit as it evolves into new blueprints.

All of the features talked about in this post will be merged into the development of SMEdit. Thank you all for your continued support and engorgement for this development.

Bobbybighoof, lead project manager
    SMEdit