Small Status update

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    At this exact moment we're doing lots of work ironing out huge masses of bugs and crashes from our [REDACTED] that we got just a few days ago. I'm sure that when they become stable enough to actually use normally they'll be out on the next public build.
    The [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] is my favorite.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    At this exact moment we're doing lots of work ironing out huge masses of bugs and crashes from our [REDACTED] that we got just a few days ago. I'm sure that when they become stable enough to actually use normally they'll be out on the next public build.
    you know that the "REDACTED" bit almost of no importance right now? but schema says to much in another post that answer some of my questions already

Reactions: ShawnR2000

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, my favorite is the cone-fire cannon... Sure it's weak, but it can scare the heck out of people who don't know the game well. It can also serve as a really nice doom weapon against swarmers, at a large scale. I'm excited for the Beam w/ Cannon combo (which apparently works like a phaser) colorable weapons too, though I have no idea when that's coming.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Reaction score
    Do you work at the SCP Foundation or something? Also, is it going to be days, weeks or months? Or hard to tell, just SOON®?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Do you work at the SCP Foundation or something? Also, is it going to be days, weeks or months? Or hard to tell, just SOON®?
    It's not Soon(tm)... As best I can tell, it's "soon," without any trademark symbol.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's now been over a month since the last release. Anybody got news on progress being made?

Reaction score
    It's now been over a month since the last release. Anybody got news on progress being made?
    Soon...without the trademark.

(the planets are done I think, but the dev wants to release the whole thing, weapons logic etc)

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    Lol, that has a nice-looking net (and looks kinda fun to fold), but... no thanks. I'd rather keep the pentagons we have. :p
    Oh it was just a honest question out of curiosity.

You've tried the dodeca-planets ? How big are they? :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh it was just a honest question out of curiosity.

You've tried the dodeca-planets ? How big are they? :D
    Kind of small, but they're supposed to (eventually >.>) be configurable in size. Which probably means that it won't happen for another two years. :p

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Kind of small, but they're supposed to (eventually >.>) be configurable in size. Which probably means that it won't happen for another two years. :p
    Have you checked the server.cfg?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Have you checked the server.cfg?
    Ugh... Sorry about the a$$hole assumption. It's just that I'm used to seeing features go to a point, then not quite get the "last thing on the list" (The NPC update comes to mind (General Lua scripting and the Fleet tab specifically)) that I stupidly assumed that the planets were't going to become configurable when this update comes around, and that it will take another "cycle" before Schema comes back around to making them that way... Either way, once I'm on my home computer I'll see how that setting works.

EDIT: Aside from strange border generation, doubling planet size works really nicely... The planets looks really nice at 350 mean size. The only problem is that the atmosphere doesn't scale, but I assume that visual work is the next thing on the list for the weapons and the planets.

Last edited: