Singleplayer not saving ship builds

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    This is on a fresh install, in a nonsteam folder...
    But i was almost done wedging this thing below.

I exited the game to the desktop to turn off enemy spawning, because i got attacked when i came back, the ship had reset, and i lost all the wedging i did, along with all the other decorations i had just finished. Its location had also changed.

And now my game isnt working..i give up ;-; i cant keep reinstalling this game every day like ive had to for the last week, I dont know if its my computer, or not, i really dont care anymore. Have fun yall!

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Sad this happens.

Try the new launcher outside of steam, in its separate folder, like C:\Starmade
    seems like steam changed something, hearing a lot about file permission issues on some systems lately.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Sad this happens.

Try the new launcher outside of steam, in its separate folder, like C:\Starmade
    seems like steam changed something, hearing a lot about file permission issues on some systems lately.

- Andy
    it is, its straight out of the non steam folder C:\Games\Starmade is its current install. ;-; Im not getting the file permission errors anymore since switching, but im running into every other error /ever/

Steam keeps trying to reinstall starmade if i try and launch it from steam.
    My Server cfg keeps resetting itself(in the C:\Games install)
    Blueprints arent saving properly now, no error is showing for them.
    The server i was playing on yesterday no longer works despite not changing anything(singleplayer) Edit: if i click on this server do delete it, or try and load it to play it, it breaks my other servers.
    The server i was playing on when i took that screenshot above no longer works and i created that this morning.(fixed with reinstall)
    i was getting a weird error about my screen position not being saved or something similar and that reset all my graphics settings.

I really dont know *what* is going on anymore with this game and my computer. Im legitamlly more worried about playing this game, making progress, and then losing it all again than i am reinstalling it(takes 5 minutes not that big a deal) but i cant spend 3 hours everyday on the same thing...gonna try to wedge that ship above one last time though..

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Little update, after reinstalling the game again i can get into the servers, and even with a brand new server created, any block i place on any ship regardless of if i just spawned it in to create a new one, or if i load it from a blueprint, doesnt save.

Edit :1 Now ships i just created are saving, but the ship i posted still not able to build on.
    Edit :2 Seems to be just that ship now.

Last edited:

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    can you upload the logstarmade.0.log and logstarmade.1.log from that new intallation starmade/logs directory?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    can you upload the logstarmade.0.log and logstarmade.1.log from that new intallation starmade/logs directory?
    Sure thing! But its just that ship now, all the rest are working now.

Yea, its that ship.
    Ive exported it, reimported, deleted it entirely etc, that ship itself is broken terribly. Not sure why, but it is!

Attachments

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Seen there were multiple starts into the same world without restarting the client.

It may not be a factor, but could you try to build a few blocks in the section that has been corrupted?
    Then completely restart starmade and go back there, to see if it saves.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Seen there were multiple starts into the same world without restarting the client.

It may not be a factor, but could you try to build a few blocks in the section that has been corrupted?
    Then completely restart starmade and go back there, to see if it saves.
    It does save, so long as its not on that ship. Loaded in a few other random blueprints, including one that has ghost sections...and no ship core o-o. and i could place blocks on all of them, and they saved. Even starting a new world doesnt allow me to build on *THAT* ship, its odd!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Uh...im mistaken...
    Its not saving at all...
    Heres a screenshot wall to show what i mean, ive been making blueprints off an entirely new ship.

And well...after working on it all day...it stopped saving progress i guess.

I have multiple blueprints made of it, and they show the accurate number of blocks, but the blocks dont load.