Single player high ping and lags

Reaction score
    Hi,

I've discover starmade a few days ago and tried to play on it, but it's totally impossible for me to play. My game got a constant huge ping and some drop of fps on single-player and i'm spammed with the message :"Server doesn't answer! Server is temporary under hight load...". For the few servers i've tested online there was nothing. No huge ping, no lags. I dunno why, so that's why i come here to find some help and finally got a way to play this game. ^-^

Obviously i've decrease my graphical sets as it is noticed here : http://starmadedock.net/threads/people-with-slow-computers.2216/ and this do nothing. And as you can see on the screen below this is not memory problem. The game got 2Go for him and doesn't use the quarter of it.

I'm running on windows 8 (64 bits), using java 7, update 67 for 64 bits and the graphcisinfo :
    Running on thread: ClientThread
    Adapter: aticfx64
    Driver Version: 8.17.10.1140
    Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL Version: 4.2.11774 Compatibility Profile Context
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7480D
    GLSL Ver: 4.20

Thx for help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    " Windows 8"
    There's your problem right there.
    Jokes aside, have you tried running a dedicated server, then joining it separately? If online servers have no problems that might fix it.

Reaction score
    I found that the game runs a lot smoother on the dedicated server, even if they are running on the same machine.
    I run it from the dedicated server script, not from the starmade launcher.

Reaction score
    My bad, i've already tried to launch a dedicated server on my own computer and forgot to talk about it. If i launch it with the .bat, not the launcher, it sounds like it works better and get less lags and huge ping on my game, if i log in. But that's not as perfect as the servers available online withouts any lags and ping issues.

Reaction score
    I run my lan server on a machine with a Celeron G530 and get a ping of less than 1ms and no lag. The server runs Debian Linux though, windows does not make a good server.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Did you also increase the memory on the server tab of the Memory Settings Option ?
    How is the load on your CPU while running SM ?

Reaction score
    Did you also increase the memory on the server tab of the Memory Settings Option ?
    How is the load on your CPU while running SM ?
    I set the memory to 2GB in "StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh". The launcher settings have no effect when running from the script.
    CPU load is about 5-15% sitting around building stuff and about 50-60% when flying around. It's not a very fast CPU and will only handle 2 players at once.