Simple Ideas to Make Stuff Better

Which Idea(s) did you like?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I will just start out with a simple list:
    • Weapon impacts give jolt
      • This is already implemented. Add a small push by default to all weapons upon impact that scales according to weapon damage. This would add to the game's realism and make large weapons a bit more fun.
      • As suggested by jayman38, add a setting that changes whether a weapons system would shake the firing ship to give that "extra oompth feel"
    • Water is nonphysical by default and has a "slowdown effect"
      • What I am asking for here is the physical setting for the game settings of water to be changed from true to false.
      • The second thing I would like to suggest is the implementation of a 50% slowdown effect to all entities in a water block.
    • Glow radius scales upwards with more blocks in group
      • This would make giant lights more realistic
      • So if I have a giant engine port with an insane ice crystal array, it casts a nice beam across the ship for longer than 5-6 blocks
    • Weapon projectile sprite size scales as damage increases
      • I know this has already been said, but it IS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE ABLE TO HAVE GIANT LASERS AND MISSILES IF YOU HAVE A GIANT CANNON.
      • sry about that

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    1a. Weapons pushing the target would be fun. However, it should be something that can be set when the weapon system is built. Perhaps a weapon computer setting? (E.g. Press "R" to change the weapon effect.)

1b. I'd also like a setting that changes whether a weapon system will "shake" the firing ship. This could be another optional effect. It would be neat to have your cannons shake your own ship as you fired them, to give that extra oomph feeling. It should be a setting instead of a secondary block, so that small ships like fighters can get "shaken" when firing. Even just one block spared for a firing effect block would be a disastrous sacrifice.

2. I think water friction should be heavier than 50%, I think. Also, it would be interesting to implement high-speed and weapon effects on water. (E.g. High-speed impact immediately drops speed by 50% and damages the ship at the point of impact with a damage rating of mass * speed / magic number.... When water is hit by weapons, "vaporize" the block and send out particles. Then a second later, refill the block.

3. Better light radius would be very, very welcome. I think even single-block light radius should be significantly increased.

4. I voted against automatic weapon size increases. I think this should be handled a different way, like how speed controller blocks change the speed of a rail.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think weapon recoil and knock-back would be very good for immersion. I think they should be scaled by mass, and they should not be optional. A small weapon on a small ship would have similar effects as a large weapon on a large ship... mainly when you're shooting, your view would vibrate or shake a little bit, I think without some way to create a recoil mechanism it would be unfair to make your ship move backwards. Knock-back from getting hit would scale as well of course, a large ship hit by a large weapon would be affected about as much as a small ship hit by a small weapon, but a tiny starfighter that runs into a battleship's main gun should get knocked around.

Weapon projectile scaling needs to happen as well- it's just common sense. Bigger guns shoot bigger bullets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Do you mean like increased linear damping for things moving in water?
    That would implement what I was suggesting in an easy and smooth way. I was thinking of an entirely new block of code, but that would work far better