Shops and Trading Help

Reaction score
    Hey all, looking to see if anyone could give a real quick run down on how to get a shop properly set up.

Right now I have my shop module on my base and finally got it to link to the storage and added money and permissions to it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sell to NPC factions.

I read the most recent updates and it appears that there's supposed to be a new trade system in effect, but I don't see a way to find trade nodes or whatever that system is called now. Anyone know if that update is actually live or what?

Just trying to figure out any way to get a basic economy up and running right now =/

Reaction score
    • Tester
    you have to add the shop to the trade network
    then setup buy and sell orders ... the NPC factions are only to go to buy from your stock if they do have a demand for the blocks you do offer and if the price is right.

Reaction score
    It should be noted, setting up a Sell order is not all that complex, and doesn't even require that you have any of the item in stock when you set up the order.

As for "the right price", I've witnessed multiple freighter convoys from all of the NPC factions coming to my store, to buy Carved asteroid blocks (Tekt, Larimar, Lukrah, Etc) at a mere 4 credits lower than the "official" price (30 is the normal price).

I'm out on the "edge of the core" on a three-arm spiral. (secotrs are 50k in size, so it's a long, long flight for the Trader freighter at the very least)

I'm the High-lit system, so it's a bit of a hike for the Traders(right in the middle of the cluster-*%$ in the core), a horrifyingly long hike for the Outcasts (the big green blob on the lower left) , and an equally horrifyingly long hike for the Scavs.(the blue blob in the lower right)
    Takes any convoy an hour to reach me, and all to save 4 credits.
    ... Nah, it's because the TG Rod-shops aren't on the Trade Network, so the NPCs can only buy and sell from/to each other unless a player has the item they want, and so far, only myself and a nearby faction are selling. (nearby faction is newer than the image, I need to get a new "state of the galaxy" at some point.)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm a little bit confused as to how to sell to conduct business with NPC factions automatically. I've learned how to successfully create orders to buy from and sell to the factions, but am I correct in thinking there's a way to simply leave your inventory in the shop, and NPC factions will buy as they need, and as the price matches what they are willing to pay?

What prompts them to make a sale? Can you ever put your price a little higher than what they'd ask for in the "orders" section, and have them still decide to take the deal? Or do they never deviate from their calculated optimum price?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    but am I correct in thinking there's a way to simply leave your inventory in the shop, and NPC factions will buy as they need, and as the price matches what they are willing to pay?
    You are correct. Just add your goods to sell to the shop. The NPC will buy them if the price is right even when you are offline. Note that there is a limit on how much money the NPC factions have. So on buzy servers they may not buy anything because they are broke.

What prompts them to make a sale? Can you ever put your price a little higher than what they'd ask for in the "orders" section, and have them still decide to take the deal? Or do they never deviate from their calculated optimum price?
    Price mostly makes them buy. But you can sell to them a little higher if you offer the goods directly. Again they will only buy if they have money to buy it in the first place.

Try looking here:

Shop Module Difficulties