Shipyard Glitches

Reaction score
    I'm seeing two glitches with a shipyard that was working properly just a day ago. The first glitch is that designs will not load, instead loading to about 80/90% of the loading bar, appearing fully-formed in the shipyard area, but never finishing and blocking further orders. The second glitch is that the shipyard will not recognize a ship docked in its area. It says "Real: (Ship Name)" but I can't run any orders with the ship, only orders based around an inactive shipyard without a loaded design (Load design, make new design, etc).

Like I said, the shipyard was running fine yesterday. I'm playing with one other person on a LAN server running off a laptop.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    You may have moved the anchor while a design was loaded.
    Or you did add slabs to the design?
    They result in the construction pulling to fail at the moment.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Edit: Nevermind, I moved the anchor block out 1 block and it loaded fine. Although the server was restarted in between now and earlier when I had the issue.

Again, thanks for the quick help.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The slab-blocks you can use, they cause big issues when constructing a ship.

⚓ T1021 Shipyard pulling extremely inefficient Read this for reference about it.
    They can make unconstructable ships. (Or it takes multiple times the blocks to construct)

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The slab-blocks you can use, they cause big issues when constructing a ship.

⚓ T1021 Shipyard pulling extremely inefficient Read this for reference about it.
    They can make unconstructable ships. (Or it takes multiple times the blocks to construct)

- Andy
    I've seen slabs just get past 100% and halt the construction.

Shipyards also forget a lot of data such as inner ship remote names, hotbar configuration, and display module data. Right now I only use my shipyard to deconstruct and use blueprints to spawn. Personal storage makes blueprints much more efficient.