Bug Ships with no operational weapons trying to attack as if they have them

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Noticed this happening and bug or not it's rather annoying seeing a ship that has no usable weapons try to keep attacking as if it has any without a good reason. I could understand this if the ships had crew on-board the ship and it was trying to get close enough for them to jump ship and board the enemy ship but outside that these unarmed ships should be trying to run away for repairs just outside weapons range of their enemies or further. Also a unarmed ship not intended for fighting should be trying to escape the enemies firing at in rather than trying to ram them unless it's made of warheads. XD

I understand making it so even pulse weapon primary ships react to nearby enemies but unarmed ones unless there is a reason not to should be trying to get at least out of weapons range of their enemies or at least making the effort to not get hit by weapons fire if able.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    it is widely know that the AI is mor like a ANI (Artificial Non Intelligence) .. so i guess that will be adressed at some point together with all the other stupid things it does .

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Works good when you have a warhead on the unarmed ship that sticks out front about 50m from the core.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Works good when you have a warhead on the unarmed ship that sticks out front about 50m from the core.
    I'd like having an AI mode for this instead so normal unarmed ships run away or ignores weapons fire, while a ship with warheads on it set to some kind of torpedo setting will try to ram the target if the warhead are exposed near the outside of the ship. Basically like they use to just continuing on in the direction they are going but maybe a lot faster while under fire. :)