Bug Ships Undock and teleport

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    so I've been getting this issue since the rail system was made I'll be posting the issue and then the long list of things I've already done to try and fix it

When I dock my ships (or my faction mates do) to our station/planet/mobile doors ect they will teleport 8km away and act like they are docking - however while a ship can target and even impact the ships a player in astronaut form can not interact with the ship until the server is reset - even deleting the rail it is docking to does not release the ship - it also causes errors in the server that stack up till it crashes

now the list of things I've tried to do to fix it

cleared cache

reinstalled the game

double checked the updated to right for server

updated my java

updated my entire computer

tried from my laptop (same issue)

checked to see if this glitch was in solo play - I loaded 3 stations and within 1 week and 2 of the 3 showed this issue

Checked other servers they also were having this problem

Tore the entire station apart moved sectors and started from scratch with a single block and new ships - same glitch happened 72 hours later

moved star systems to see if it was a system glitch - still happened

figuring it might be a issue with my home base station not having shields (since shields now cover docked objects) same issue continued

I tested it with 3 separate pre-made stations in game by removing docks from them and then adding rails as well as making a new station 120 blocks large with docks - 1 pre-made station and my mini station both went bad

this is pretty much a unplayable bug for me as if I can not even play with the rail system or dock ships to be secure from raiders or pirates since turrets can not protect us if they are free floating 8km away I pretty much stopped playing starmade till this is fixed - if anyone knows a way please tell me

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you got anywhere on that Station/Ship/Entity a old dockingmodule or Enhancers, there might be problems with the new docking.
    Try to remove all rail and old dockings from your Build and then mak a Blueprint.
    If your not shure remove the whole sector or just start a new Serversave and wipe the server.
    In most cases a wipe will fix bugs with old gamesaves.
    Try not to use olt docking system and youll be fine.

Hope that helps

Greez

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    nope - first off these were from scratch stations never touched by docking modules even the ships docking to them are made after rail systems

I really can't wipe the server since as I said it was on multiplayer servers I tested it in single player with same stations got same glitch and the admin of a server isn't going to wipe out 400-500 players of stuff because it MIGHT fix my problem

also this bug is not just on old servers as the bug worked on a brand new game as well while testing it on my friends mini server and then I tested it on single player as well and the same glitches started appearing again

I moved temporary to a planet with no docks to stock items and factories under a home base protected areas so my faction wouldn't lose anything while we tested and then we are gonna build a station a few blocks at a time to try to find the exact moment it breaks - even getting the admin of the server to move it to the exact middle of a sector to make sure we can remove variables

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    welp as the testers and bug finders wrote me off as a single player gamer with client issues rather then my entire faction having same issues on multiple stations with same issue across multiple servers / they set me to low status - so if its not worth there time I am not gonna try helping with wasting my time trying to replicate it anymore I'll see you in a few patches since my ""low"" status is stopping 45 members of my faction from playing since they can't dock turrets ships or make stations without crashing a server

so good luck starmade I'll see you later hopefully

Reaction score
    • Tester
    This is your report .. right ?
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/2182
    i did found it after 11 Hours on the wrong tracker and put it down to normal priority.
    That is not low and has nothing to do with you being important or not, rather it has to do with how the bug shows itself and in what form it affects the game.
    High is normally anything that breaks a game feature for everyone (which is not the case here afaik)
    I have seen a discussion on the tester chat about this ... but i do not know any details.
    And i am pretty sure it wasnt discarded or anything like that.
    It can take a long time to nail down the reason for a problem and the time the few testers spent for free to search that is limited.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    welp as the testers and bug finders wrote me off as a single player gamer with client issues rather then my entire faction having same issues on multiple stations with same issue across multiple servers / they set me to low status - so if its not worth there time I am not gonna try helping with wasting my time trying to replicate it anymore I'll see you in a few patches since my ""low"" status is stopping 45 members of my faction from playing since they can't dock turrets ships or make stations without crashing a server

so good luck starmade I'll see you later hopefully
    I'm not sure about those "testers that wrote me off" you're talking about but let's assume you're still willing to give us a hand to track this issue down. The few testers we have play on the test server and they have not met this problem before so you must do something specific to cause these issues.

Can you PM me the server you play on, the player names who had these issues and a time of date when I can log into that server and investigate this particular issue with those players? Would be nice if there was an admin available at that time since testing without admin commands can be frustrating. I'm available in the evening (GMT+1).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    servers the same as the one in my signature - I've taken my stations apart so you can't really see them anymore as we just built a bunker on a planet with the home base function shielding them - our 2 private servers were also removed as it began corrupting the server causing crashes disconnects and such and reset the whole network (making our providers very angry and dropping not only our starmade but also our 7day and planet explorers accounts thus the anger in last post - but we got our 7days and planet explorers accounts back as they realized it was a mistake not a mod or malware ) so really can't hand you the info since its been wiped

the genx servers still running you might be able to get a back up copy of our station from them

but its fine I understand there is few of you but around 20 of us have been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks and can't lock down a single reason its just we have around 250-400 hours each invested in game x around 25-35 players between our public (edit - the servers we play on that are public but not ours) and private servers we just will keep checking in on Genx after patches till this is fixed

in the end its a alpha these things happen I did sound a bit more edgy then I meant to as I opened my phone after work and had 19 angry missed calls from a provider to deal with around 10mins before writing that so it came off a bit more aggressive then it was meant to be

starmades a solid game hopefully this will be fixed on purpose or accident in near future so we can start playing again till then though I can't really recreate the issue on demand
    - but with the inability to dock anything in our system we took it all apart to make sure any issues didn't spread so no one else had to deal with it

also you miss labeled the issue as SP it was both sp and mp for future reference

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Partial Fix to this bug to make game at least playable devised the report apparently was sent to you in more tech speak then I have by a tester on our server - so feel free to close or delete this post