Ship size

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Last I played around 1.8 km was the largest viable ship(mainly because thrust curve). You CAN go bigger, like around 5km or so, but it really starts acting...weird. 8km being that theoretical max is something I havn't played with myself but with how jankey stuff was at 5m I wouldn't go there.

Reactions: Briaireous
    Reaction score
    Last I played around 1.8 km was the largest viable ship(mainly because thrust curve). You CAN go bigger, like around 5km or so, but it really starts acting...weird. 8km being that theoretical max is something I havn't played with myself but with how jankey stuff was at 5m I wouldn't go there.
    I know it's probably a typo, but the idea of a ship shorter than an Awing being where StarMade ships get janky is hilarious.

Reactions: DrTarDIS
    Reaction score
    yeah well erh thats not exactly a hard limit thats just your estimated guess.
    It all really depends on the server and their rules.
    Some servers only allow for x amount of mass some dont have a limit.
    POWER 1.0 GUIDELINES:
    1million is the most mass most servers can handle, rules or not, but even at those sizes, you need to design your ship head to toe for lag reduction to be able to actually have a same mass fight with someone and not kill your game.
    500k is the standard benchmark of where you can still get away with poor lag optimizations and still be fine in a same mass duel. This is the allowed on most servers.
    250k it the standard benchmark for if you know you are doing some laggy shit.

POWER 2.0 GUIDELINES:
    50k is about as big as you can go without crashing your game once damage and integrity burn start to queue up.
    25k is more ideal for lower integrity ships where multiple systems are likely to burn at once.