Ship size classification

Reaction score
    So I was thinking about the ship sizes about when you should call it a battleship, titan or a corvette.
    The ship classification should be dependent on how slow it moves.

A ship with for an example y 5 | x 5 | z 5 could be a fighter and for an example y 1.1 x 1.1 z 1.1 could be a battlecruiser?

My 530meter ship turns just as quick as my 700 meter ship and that is currently unrealistic(This is a sci-fi game I know. but still).
    Ofcourse this would require a revamp of the current x, z and y system!

I might be onto something, but I am not good with the mechanics of the game system yet other than building hehe

Positive feedback is welcome!
    PS; I was not 100% sure to put this so I put it in suggestions.

Edit; There are diagonal ships, but it should be as simple solution for this.
    -Fixed some typos.

Reaction score
    Bit of touching up on the grammer and important people might bother to read and comment on it. Also, yes this should be the correct section.

Reaction score
    Pardon the grammar, not my mothertongue language!
    Thank you for the reply mate :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It is fairly easy to hit the turn cap in this game. The game just isn\'t being devoloped for the huge monster ships that people like to build.

Reaction score
    \"Ofcourse this would require a revamp of the current x, z and y system!\"
    Sorry if this isnt explained entierly!

Monsterships is exactly what I am trying to get \"rid\" of with this method.
    Would increase the amount of shiptypes :)

Reaction score
    \"My 530meter ship turns just as quick as my 700 meter ship...\"

Why would you judge based on speed, just about every list is based on mass or blocks. Does there need to be a official classification list, yes but it doesnt make sense to base it off speed.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Why would you judge based on speed, just about every list is based on mass or blocks. Does there need to be a official classification list, NO

Seriously though, there does NOT need to be an official classification list. The game is coded to punish large ships so I can guarantee anybody who makes large ships wouldn\'t be happy with \"official classification\"

Reaction score
    Well yes it does make sense!
    Why I would base it on speed? Well, say a fighter turns just as quick as a frigate!
    Obviously we would not need a classification system, its just a suggesting and probably a fix for the current x y z system so it acctualy makes sense instead of;

0-145 meters(Quick ships)
    145 meter +++ (super slow)

PS; This might also reduce the 20:1 ratio thrust speed some people use on bigger ships later if this acctualy gets considered.

If there is no ship classification system the people who build 1.5 KM long ships would turn just as quick as a 700 meter ship, which is one argument against the \"no ship classification system\".
    I just want to make the game more realistic!

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    As far as physics is concerned mass has nothing to do with a ships turn speed or acceleration. IRL if a capital ship had a higher TWR (Thrust,Weight,Ratio) than a fighter it would have higher acceleration and turn faster (assuming turning is based on thrust)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually, mass has everything to do with linear acceleration and a lot to do with rotational momentum. Simply by a ship being larger, it will tend to spin up slower.