Ship Disappears after purchase from Store Catalog on NASS

Reaction score
    I attempted to purchase my recently uploaded ship on the NASS server, a 106k block Carrier. After purchase, the icon showed on my HUD for the ship, and then disappeared as I looked at it without the ship ever actually loading. I attempted this 3 times with the same result, using different stores.

Reaction score
    So, I resaved and reuploaded the ship from offline. This time when I purchased the ship from the store, everything that was docked in or on the ship spawned, but the ship itself did not. I\'m going to try undocking everything and saving and reloading it again.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    hmm, there might still be a bug with ship uploads. I\'ll take a look at it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My sympathies. It seems it may be the very same bug I am experiencing with some of my blueprints locally. Hopefully Schema will be able to report progress with such soon.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Problem blueprints report no raw DATA dir when spawned with /load

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the same problem. I tried buying my capital ship twice, but each time nothing showed up. It was absolutely nowhere on the map, just inexplicably gone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    On my friend\'s server I managed to import a 250X60X50 ship while it was still a work in progress, when I finished it and tried buying another via the catalogs, but only when saved localy and then uploaded, it didn\'t work. If I save it with the direct entry I can buy it. But this way I can\'t buy it on any other server.

Reaction score
    Hello! I\'ve been having the same problem so i decided to start looking through the data files (install directory\\StarMade\\blueprints\\nameofblueprint\\DATA) when i stumbled across this:

I simply removed those decimals/periods from the SMD2 file,

reopened Starmade, and without reimporting the blueprint to the catalog i purchased the ship from the shop and voila, it finally appeared in front of me in all it\'s Grey Hull-y goodness. However, I was testing this on SinglePlayer when exporting a file FROM MultiPlayer, I\'m yet to test it the other way. Make sure that you create a backup of the blueprint data file before attempting this incase anything goes wrong, as i accidentally deleted one of my cruiser backups when attempting this..

Don\'t ask me how this works because I have no idea but I assume there is a bug in the naming system of the SMD2 file.

-Crimson

P.S: This has worked for all of my blueprints that I exported from multiplayer so far and even blueprints i exported from singleplayer that managed to bug out.

Reaction score
    I must have spent some 90million credits trying to spawn my Voyager. Smaller ships work though.

Reaction score
    I had the same problem on another server. I did it twice with no avail, but the game took my money and now im out 3 million.

Reaction score
    Same problem here as well, man is it frusterating.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Reaction score
    Problem is happening for me as well on several of my ships, big or small. :(

Reaction score
    It detects blueprints as modified even when they arent, and auto deletes them...

Reaction score
    this doesnt always fix it but most of the time the problem is with a file name. here is my thread on it so I dont have to be a broken record too much.

http://star-made.org/content/solution-corrupted-blueprints-dont-spawn

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a similar problem, on my friend\'s private server has a wierd bug - often ships saved into the catalogue disappear from the catalog after being purchased at least once, and this has resulted in many of our players loosing ships they spent hours or days on. For instance, a ship named EXAMPLE is saved into the catalogue, and purchased say... 5 times. Then suddenly it can no longer be found in the catalog, or in the game files. As before, we\'ve lost many ships to this. Please help!

Reaction score
    I\'ve been having an issue like this in singleplayer.

When I buy a ship from my local catalog, it will be there, and I can get in it and fly around, shoot things, et cetera. But as soon as I press Q and try to fly downwards, the ship \"locks up\", recenters itself, and refuses to turn from there. When I get out of the ship, I am unable to get back in, and I can pass through the ship as though it were a ghost entity. The ship disappears within a couple of minutes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Another way to fix the problem is to erase everything but the \'.0.0.0.smd2\' and type in \'ENTITY_SHIP_\' in caps then continue on with the name of the ship which should look like:

ENTITY_SHIP_My_Ship.0.0.0.smd2

I often get this problem in single player and multiplayer servers doing this seems to solve the problem. It could be that the game is retranslating the text into phrases, which is what those garbled letters there are when you save over the file multiple times. Sometimes the file does not read because the period acts as an end statement, that or the game confuses itself.