Bug Ship Disappearing after game restarts.

Reaction score
    Before the blah blah blah,
    I was at a complete stop.
    I was Docked.
    I Have auto defensive to keep away pirates.
    And all the common ETC answers.

But yet still when ever i close the game and re-open the game my ship is no longer around. i have tried the "find ship" button and /search mylostshiphere, neither of witch could find the ship or worked. i update my blueprints all the time with the ship, so getting it back is not really an issue but it is starting to cost.
    Any ideas on what to do to stop it from "vanishing" on start up?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Earlier today I tried to enter one of my docked ships after logging into the game, and I kept clipping through it. I was unable to interact with the ship at all. I restarted the game, but the problem remained. I then used the repair option in the launcher, and when I got into the game I was able to use the ship normally for the remainder of the gaming session (about an hour of play.)

I returned to the game later in the evening and tried to enter the ship that I had once again docked (at the same location.) Once again, I could only clip through the ship as if it were a hologram. Rather than repair, I tried another tact - I used Admin Warp to exit the sector to another base where I had ships. I found I was able to enter those ships normally. I then Admin Warped back to the previous sector to see if anything had changed. Well, it had...the ship was gone altogether.

I did a /search for the ship and no coordinates came back. Okay, NOW I exited the game and did a file repair. When I returned to the game, the ship was still gone.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421138549,1421137610][/DOUBLEPOST]After using admin commands to restore the ship to the game, I remembered one odd quirk of the ship: it has a ghost block that I can't seem to remove. A weapon computer that I had put into the ship and later removed remains on the weapons list. The empty spot where it once sat even shows an outline if I link it to an existing weapon. I tried placing a piece of hull in the location, but it didn't change anything within the weapon list.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421139380][/DOUBLEPOST]As a further update, having created the new ship, I flew it from the location where the previous one was docked back to my home base - where the ship would usually be docked and where it was built. Upon arrival, I found the original ship docked in its usual berth, pretending like it had been there all along. I can't help but wonder what further mischief awaits, as I now have two ships with identical names (where I should have gotten an error because that ship name already existed when I spawned the new version.)

The "original" ship, which I found docked where it shouldn't be even had the modifications I had made to it in my last play session, even though I hadn't saved them to the catalog. So, this ship mysteriously vanished and re-appeared in a completely different sector with everything intact. I'm considering renaming it the "Event Horizon."

Reactions: Etsija
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    hydraxax you did not exit the game by closing the game window with "x" ? Have you tried to spawn in a different ship in that sector? Is that also beeing deleted ?

KiloZulu does it respawn/reemerge in sector 0 0 0 ? I did read things about corrupted things spawning in 0 0 0 :\

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    hydraxax you did not exit the game by closing the game window with "x" ? Have you tried to spawn in a different ship in that sector? Is that also beeing deleted ?

KiloZulu does it respawn/reemerge in sector 0 0 0 ? I did read things about corrupted things spawning in 0 0 0 :\
    The bases where the ship vanished and appeared are both fairly distant from 0,0,0. While I haven't been back to the starting sector personally, we did have a new player join yesterday, and he didn't make any mention of other ships in the area.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The empty spot where it once sat even shows an outline if I link it to an existing weapon.
    I've been having that for a while, random;y remaining purple pulse lines where a computer used to be, except it doesn't appear in my weapons screen. Oddly enough the pulses save with the Blueprint as well, even when that space is empty. Tends to happens when blocks are mass-deleted.

That said, I never had the despawning issue either, so it may be a seperate problem or different stage of one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxgibhstfxad4ku/PDTurretv1.sment?dl=0 if anyone wants to poke at a BP with the error. Last I got it checked was pre-bugTracker, and no-one knew what it was.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    CyberTao thats a totaly different thing than entities (ships) going missing. what you describe is a kind of wrongly updated meta data within one entity (connection effect not deleted together withthe weapon cpu)

KiloZulu i guess you may be wrong here. the default starting point is 2 2 2. new players may not come into contact with things in 0 0 0 . And it doesnt matter where stuff goes awol it can in some instances show up in 0 0 0 as some kind of default if the game doesnt know where to place it. If 0 0 0 is empty (or only stuff there that belongs in that place) than its something else.

Reaction score
    My temporary backup ship (while I get the resources to rebuild my old from blueprint) has also disappeared after a couple of hours away from the game. After searching for 'last entered ship' in the navigation panel, it recognised the name of the ship but could not find it anywhere.

This was in the admin zone and right next to two shops. Neither the shops were stocking any power generators which kind of added insult to injury (how is this possible in the admin zone? Does it mean other people are buying out all of the 50k stock per shop?)