Ship Catalog bugs

Reaction score
    Since the 0.77, some bugs appeared in the catalog fonction.
    First of all, when uploading from local, if the list of ships in local data is too long, then the display ( which is in line ) can't make them all fit in the screen.
    Then, most of the ships that should be in the catalog aren't in it. But i've noticed that uploading a ship ( which should have been in it ) made some other reappear but not the ship i wanted unfortunatly ...
    So i expect the problems come from memory. ( It might be a limit of display, of memory or just a bad loop )
    Thanks for reading, i hope it will help you solve the bug.
    Elladan

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thx for the report. I probably didn't add automatic scrollbar to that, I'll add one right now

Reaction score
    Also, i had huge ships that lost some part while exporting and importing them ...
    ( Like a cruiser that lost his tower at the back of the ship )
    And a ship is still invisible after it, so i'm not sure the export/import is still working well.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I just uploaded a new Version that will fix the catalog. Seems there was a problem with transferring the whole catalog to the client (also affects single player)

For the other bug: I'll try to reproduce and fix the issue asap

Reaction score
    i had a new bug.
    I was building a ship when suddendly, i couldn't add block in one direction ( as the ship is small, i was surprised ).
    I can't find a way to get through this invisible barrier.
    Moreover, when i saved it and bought it to try, only the core of the ship spawned.
    The ship's size seems to be restreinded as 21 of lenght, 16 of width and 16 of height. We can also notice the invisible barrier by the light of the block that darken at the barrier.

Reaction score
    I think i find the error.
    In fact, the game uses 8 .smd for each ship.
    And the problem is that the game created only 1 for the ship i want to build, thus leading to restrictions of areas and problems for saving the ship/loading it.
    The others ships having missing parts also didn't get the 8 .smd ( some might have been lost though the update or the export/import procress )

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, thanks for your report.

There was a bug that came with an optimization I made for the network transfer of single block modifications. The segments lastAccess time was not set properly, what cause the server to ignore segments when saving (why save what hasn't changed).

This caused changes to get lost after leaving the game, as well as the bugs in saving to the catalog.

I've already fixed the problem and going to release a new Version tonight.

Reaction score
    I noticed there was another problem.
    It happens either at the saving or at the loading of ship. If two names are nearly the same, you can get the ship that you don't want.
    For exemple, i build two ships : Ship1 and Ship2
    they are both different and ship2 was built and saved after ship1. Then when loading them, if i load ship1, i'll get ship2 instead. Moreover, trying to save back ship1, i will still get a ship2 when ordering it.
    I wonder if it might also have anything with the core's ID as i used the same core to build the 2 ships.

Thanks for reading,
    Elladan

Reaction score
    I can confirm this bug.
    For instance i have a ship named "nugget" and one named "nuggetCruiser" if i try to load "nugget" either through the catalog or as a mob(spanw mobs command) the game will load "nuggetCruiser" instead.

I can also confirm it's not the core ID. i made a GunManS with one core and then GunManSniper with another but the game will only load the GunManSniper.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, my friend\'s private server has a wierd bug - often ships saved into the catalogue disappear from the catalog after being purchased at least once, and this has resulted in many of our players loosing ships they spent hours or days on. For instance, a ship named EXAMPLE is saved into the catalogue, and purchased say... 5 times. Then suddenly it can no longer be found in the catalog, or in the game files. As before, we\'ve lost many ships to this. Please help!