Ship Cannons Not Firing

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys, I'm having trouble trying to get one of my ship's cannons to fire. It goes through the cooldown as if it fires, yet the doesn't emit the cannon particle nor damage anything in its path.

The cannon computer uses 161,700 power units per both its shots (the generator exceeds this by 150,000), and has an explosive effect computer and a damage beam computer hooked up to it, if that's of any relevance.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    make sure the power capacity is great enough
    unhook the additional computer and see if it fires then
    if i am not mistaken the weapons info is still showing the power consumption without its added slave systems (or at least effect systems)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've done them all ready, surpassing the power requirements by at least 150,000 and removed the slaved systems. Still doesn't do anything.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Ok .. no idea then.
    maybe provide the blueprint for someone to check if it is a generall problem or maybe your install is broken / configs corrupted

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Make sure the primary weapon computer is oriented forward. The orientation of the pc decides the direction it fires, and if it's rotated it won't fire where you aim it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make sure the primary weapon computer is oriented forward. The orientation of the pc decides the direction it fires, and if it's rotated it won't fire where you aim it.
    The computer was pointed to the side, didn't know the direction it faced affected where it fires. Thank you!