Bubble shields, More defensive systems, Bubble shields suck

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Pretty sure I played before you and I don't remember bubble shields being in the game. Is this a meme?
    They were in a VERY early version of the game, well before the time of all but a very few people on the forums. You would hardly recognize it.

Reaction score

1. pesce rocks
      I don't understand why you people don't like bubble shields if you believe in the devs they can do it and not effect performance if you people support I'm sure we can make this work. 1. Heres how it would work they use the same hexagon grid and what you do is use a new block called a shield generator in which you can pic the size of the shield around your ship. 2. You would get to place recharge's and capacitor's (new versions of source). Bubble shield could be set up to be seen when a weapon is or missile, cannon is 20 or 10 blocks away from the shield setting up and turning on. + More

#19 minutes ago
      + Quote Reply

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    -the appalling training standards among "security" personell

-not having a contingent of MACO's on every ship

-dissolving MACO

-seriously these guys were the most useful thing since tachyons.
    With proper internal sensors intruders could simply be beamed into space.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So when I have an ally behind me trying to fire right over me to hit the enemy, he's hitting my shield correct?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9

1. pesce rocks
      I don't understand why you people don't like bubble shields if you believe in the devs they can do it and not effect performance if you people support I'm sure we can make this work. 1. Heres how it would work they use the same hexagon grid and what you do is use a new block called a shield generator in which you can pic the size of the shield around your ship. 2. You would get to place recharge's and capacitor's (new versions of source). Bubble shield could be set up to be seen when a weapon is or missile, cannon is 20 or 10 blocks away from the shield setting up and turning on. + More

#19 minutes ago
      + Quote Reply
    While it might be fun, this setup would unbalance the game in a few ways.
    for example; missiles would impact farther away from the hull of the ship. So in theory, I could send a little fighter after you like this...
    X37 3D 1.jpg
    ...and take literally any missile you throw at me.

Then I'll board you, pull out my sniper rifle and rocket launcher, and then you'll proceed to have a bad time.

[doublepost=1475871412,1475871324][/doublepost]Also; don't even think about maneuvering in a formation or near asteroid fields.

Reaction score
    While it might be fun, this setup would unbalance the game in a few ways.
    for example; missiles would impact farther away from the hull of the ship. So in theory, I could send a little fighter after you like this...
    View attachment 33165
    ...and take literally any missile you throw at me.

Then I'll board you, pull out my sniper rifle and rocket launcher, and then you'll proceed to have a bad time.

[doublepost=1475871412,1475871324][/doublepost]Also; don't even think about maneuvering in a formation or near asteroid fields.
    I could use a gun to fight back, setup indoor counter measures and yes I could hit you with a missle or cannons or use a warhead on the side and exsplode it as you board

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    In addition to the aforementioned issue of friends firing over friends to hit the bad guys: Turrets. They are a separate ship entity from the main vessel; they will thus always hit the main ship's own shields instead of hitting the enemy. You can see this in action by building a bubble shield out of force fields or other blocks on the main ship then letting your turrets try to shoot the enemy while your shields are up.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I could use a gun to fight back, setup indoor counter measures and yes I could hit you with a missle or cannons or use a warhead on the side and exsplode it as you board
    Yes. And I can use my inventory of cores, armor blocks, medical supplies, warheads, a build inhibitor and a grapple to render your defenses useless.

I'll target your life support systems located behind the aft nacelle... and after every single person on your ship suffocates, I will walk over your cold corpses and recover my people.

Now, pesce rocks...

Khan.jpg

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well played... But...

Bravery is irrelevant. Your primitive artificial organisms will be obsolete in the new order.

Locutus.jpg

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Also, the defiant has nothing at all like ablative armor as shown in voyager. And anyway, "ablative armor" == armor.
    Federation buys up monopoly on Mono Expanding-foam 'extra strength'. High tech 'Ablative' armor released into service following year.

Link that shit to a sensor block on the shields, lol, call it electronic feedback. "We're taking too much incoming fire! She shields can't handle it!" *console explodes*
    These injuries began to increase in number after the tumultuous 'Fuses are for wimps' reforms in the late 22nd century. Circuit breakers and fuses were outlawed because they "limited the power that the Federation was destined to wield". (IQ's were at an all time low due to the anti-science politics of the early twenty first century.)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    IQ's were at an all time low due to the anti-science politics of the early twenty first century.
    I'd rather attribute that to TV and people letting their electronic gadgets think for them.