Bug Shield won't break [Resolved]

Reaction score
    [RESOLVED]

For some reason, my ship seems to be unable to destroy the shields of an online blueprint. Instead of the shields being destroyed, the shield value stays at 1.0/11k shields. The percentage is at 0.0%, but is unable to break through the value, despite the damage of most ships easily outpacing the regeneration. It seems kinda fishy when the impenetrable Blood and Steel Season 2 winner cannot lose its turrets (and in fact did not lose a single block). It is of course, unfair to say that this was made on purpose.

Does anyone know what's going on, and if so, how I can fix it? It may be caused poor exporting by the chunk32 update, but remains unclear. I hope that this is simply a bug and not an exploit that is being abused. If a ship is supposed to be dying, but isn't, that is a very serious issue to be addressed for ship combat. This cannot be an exploit that is allowed to continue and I very much hope it is simply a problem with my Starmade.
    [doublepost=1473144555,1473144270][/doublepost]I have tried logging on and off of Starmade. I have tested if redownloading and re-exporting the blueprint would fix the problem. I still have no solution. It appears to be only that ship.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    You probably just don't have the dakka to get through the ACTUAL ship's shield regen. My bet is you're looking at one of the docked entity's values, not the real ship.

Reaction score
    You probably just don't have the dakka to get through the ACTUAL ship's shield regen.
    Ah yes, now I see. Having checked much more thoroughly, the shields are inherited from the main ship while it remains the main ships shields remain above 50%. I suppose this means it is pointless to place shields on turrets. Thanks for help!

I suppose the ability to see the shield on turrets will remain in place (even if quite misleading), otherwise they will have to write a separate code for turrets and docked entities such as fighters. Or simply display the motherships shield. Another solution could be to show that the entity is shielded by the larger ship.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ya that's no bug, just good building of a really hard to kill ship. If I remember right the shield generators on that thing keep the shields above 50% most of the time unless you throw a small nova at the thing. >.<

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ya that's no bug, just good building of a really hard to kill ship. If I remember right the shield generators on that thing keep the shields above 50% most of the time unless you throw a small nova at the thing. >.<
    No shields generator. Just the damages get mitigated by the unshielded armor at 50%, so shields don't take much damage and shield regen becomes OP
    edit: oh your were not saying shield injector, might have misunderstood

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    No shields generator. Just the damages get mitigated by the unshielded armor at 50%, so shields don't take much damage and shield regen becomes OP
    nvm than was thinking of one of the other ships that it took a lucky hit to a docking point to break. XD

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol it exploded all its guts all over the station. :P