Shaky Ship Controls

Reaction score
    Whenever I get into any ship in the game, the ship controls start to do a mini shaking up and down for a long time. I tried to figure out what may be causing this to happen, ie go into control settings, resetting the ship camera, ship controls, nothing seems to help. Note that I have not touched my mouse after boarding the ship. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions to fix this issue?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    I've seen something similar to what you describe though it's certainly not an 'all the time' event. For me it happens most often when warping or using admin teleport into an unloaded sector. The smoothing of the camera goes to hell and it's as if the camera is rapidly moving between fixed points rather then on a smooth gradient producing very jerky camera movement.
    AFAICT it's got something to do with the astronaut alignment to the piloted entity. Usual fix that works for me is to break your alignment with the ship, ie get out of the core and use spacebar to align/realign yourself with the entity, if that doesn't work on the first entity, try aligning on a second entity such as a turret, docked ship or spawning a fresh core nearby and aligning with that before getting back into your original entity. Messing around with gravity blocks may also fix it...
    Otherwise the usual StarMade fix all, logout and reload.

Reactions: Meekcoffee07
    Reaction score
    I've seen something similar to what you describe though it's certainly not an 'all the time' event. For me it happens most often when warping or using admin teleport into an unloaded sector. The smoothing of the camera goes to hell and it's as if the camera is rapidly moving between fixed points rather then on a smooth gradient producing very jerky camera movement.
    AFAICT it's got something to do with the astronaut alignment to the piloted entity. Usual fix that works for me is to break your alignment with the ship, ie get out of the core and use spacebar to align/realign yourself with the entity, if that doesn't work on the first entity, try aligning on a second entity such as a turret, docked ship or spawning a fresh core nearby and aligning with that before getting back into your original entity. Messing around with gravity blocks may also fix it...
    Otherwise the usual StarMade fix all, logout and reload.

Thank you for the suggestion, will try that whenever it happens again! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For me the issue seems constant with low-mass ships, no matter how many realignments I make. Those ultralight shuttles keep wobbling like insane, to the edge of inability to pilot them as the world jumps around the shuttle like insane. Any idea on fixing that? Can't simply go without a shuttle most of the time...

Reaction score
    I've got a similar thing that's been going on for years;

Enter or exit a ship core, and said ship sometimes, apparently randomly, starts violently rotating. - Even though I'm making sure it's perfectly still and no controls are touched.

Haven't seen the shaking you described though.

Reaction score
    I've got a similar thing that's been going on for years;

Enter or exit a ship core, and said ship sometimes, apparently randomly, starts violently rotating. - Even though I'm making sure it's perfectly still and no controls are touched.

Haven't seen the shaking you described though.
    The moment you mentioned the word rotating, I also have an issue that when I press either the Q or E keys, the ship would violently rotate instead of slowly and carefully, I haven't figured out why that is happening or how to fix it.

Reaction score
    For me the issue seems constant with low-mass ships, no matter how many realignments I make. Those ultralight shuttles keep wobbling like insane, to the edge of inability to pilot them as the world jumps around the shuttle like insane. Any idea on fixing that? Can't simply go without a shuttle most of the time...
    MChain, what do you have installed on your ship, i.e. how many thrusters, reactors and so on?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    MChain, what do you have installed on your ship, i.e. how many thrusters, reactors and so on?
    Hmmm... Since it is a runabout - the fillings are really tiny. A 4-block reactor, 4-6-8 thrusters, a basic jumpdrive setup, two shield generators and two shield capacitors. The hull is a mix of basic hull and motherboards, the windshield is coloured crystal armor