Sexy Turret Competition

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Since Community Content now has an entire category just for turrets, I think we need to help fill it up. So, (just for fun) competition time!

Rules:

* Turret must be your own creation.
    * Turret must be uploaded to the Turret category in Community Content for anyone and everyone to download.
    * Turrets must either be fully functional and ready to go (plug and play), or a completely empty shell (other than things like the dockers and turret axis).
    * Turret weapon types, damage, etc should be listed on the download page but is not required in the forum post.
    * Post a link to the Community Content download page to this thread, with at least one good picture of said turret.
    * Entries must be new content. Does not have to be specially made for this contest, but anything already in Community Content (original timestamp prior to this post) is disqualified.
    * You may make as many entries as you like.

There are no prizes other than bragging rights... and maybe some cool forum badges if enough people like your stuff.

----------

My first entry:

starmade-screenshot-0015.png
    Punchthrough/Stop Combo Cannon Turret

4,000 DPS primary Cannon/Punchthrough with secondary 1,000 DPS Cannon/Cannon/Stop.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    size in meters could also be nice, looking forward to more sexy boink boink turrets

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ooh, I like the automatic force field, thats nice!

You could totally make an extra layer for the base and have the mech turret dock to a rail and have actual mechas patrolling around the exterior surfaces of your station like guardsmen on the walls...

I'm so stealing that...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Nice! I was just going to ask for that category after uploading a few turrets!
    Great initiative I like it! So this one, I am quite proud of, however disqualified as it is made a few days ago (but graciously changed from ship to turret by the admins) I am quite proud of, it is just so neat GI_Turret Cc-ION Terra

Terra Mk7 by Gmodism on Sketchfab

So take this to look at while I complete some new massive turrets for real submission ;)

Reactions: Edymnion
    Reaction score
    Hmm... I guess I better get to work on my gigantic Miku Hatsune statue which will also be a turret (with cannons in her eyes, a beam weapon in her outstretched hand, and missile launchers in her upper chest)...

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Next Entry:

starmade-screenshot-0015.png
    Anti-Missile PDT Cannon

A PDT cannon that doesn't try to hide the fact that it is indeed a cannon. Only 3 blocks tall (really only 2.5), it manages to fit in almost anywhere while still clearly reading as a gun.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Ok, I am clearly not going to win this competition, as my submission is not at all 'pretty'. However it is extremely functional. This is a point defense turret designed to be highly survivable (relative to other PD turret designs) when the shields go down. Being a ball turret, it also has zero actual collisions and cannot get hung up or stuck, increasing it's effectiveness. It is future proofed by both the base and the ball having full punch and pierce defensive effects. It is an overdrive cannon doing four and a half times the damage of a regular PD system, on the off chance that larger missiles are at some point given extra HP. This is a future proof turret.

Armored Point Defense Turret

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So how long is this competition? A gigantic station sized turret laden statue is going to take quite a while to build... And my skills aren't even there yet...

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hmm a reason to work on my Obliterator Turret again. :)