Several bugs plaguing the game currently

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've been experiencing some annoying bugs lately when playing the game.

• Beacons are broken sometimes; they are invisible when put behind glass. The lights also don't work often either.
    • Wedges react really weird to lighting, sometimes as if there is no light source at all. I sometimes think this is because it's light "faces" must be treated like a normal block, so when it is put into tight spaces its wedge side acts like a normal block's side would when the space is really narrow.
    • The game (only tried this on the latest update in singleplayer as most servers are still outdated right now) acts really weird, giving error messages as if there's a giant lag spike when there is none apparent, and repeatedly warps my ships out of nonexistant collisions that aren't even happening.
    • Exiting the ship core sometimes teleports you away several sectors (sometimes, it seems, to where you originally entered the core before traveling)
    • Exiting the ship core when your ship is traveling at high velocities exits you at several hundred meters away from the ship
    • Player body is sometimes not oriented with the direction of gravity correctly (eg. my player is standing up according to first person view but in third person he is walking around sideways on his head)

update: 2 more bugs i remembered

• Weapons targeted at enemy ships shoot "cross-eyed", missing their target completely and shooting to the other side of the enemy ship and past it.
    • Entering new sectors sometimes disorients your ship, making it face the wrong way; This makes navigating without the nav tool extremely difficult to do at times

update no.2: remembered an extremely critical bug

• Uploading ships to server catalogs is messed up; The ships WILL upload, but they don't appear in the catalog. However, using admin commands, you can spawn the ship.

update no.3: remembered a rather annoying one

• Player names don't work correctly in faction chat and only show the last 1 or 2 letters of their name.

update no.4: one i've encountered today on the g1real server:

• Constant spammed error messages about AI Error: NullPointerException

update no.5: some more ones i found while playing multiplayer

• Random, seemingly unexplainable bug where complete control of ship is lost, ship turns invisible and this happens serverwide. Cannot leave ship either.
    • Random, seemingly unexplainable bug where ship is flung thousands of meters away from where it previously was, as if slapped by some invisible giant hand.
    • Random bug where portions of ship dissapear and do not ghost
    • Running plex elevators with blocks actively deleted then ran again can spam tons of elevator platforms

update no.6: three more serious bugs

• Game FPS is halved after attacking very large shielded targets
    • Large groups of blocks linked together to a computer via shift-V lags badly and the linkup acts weird; some blocks seem to randomly start de-linking in a spherical shape centered around the indivual block from which the shift-V link was selected
    • Building sometimes glitches up, and every block placed causes short lag with the entire screen glitching up, as if the camera was snapping around very quickly to another point of view (looks like flickering views on the screen)

update no.7: another bug i remembered that has been a problem in the game for a while

• when ships (especially small ones) are oriented at certain odd angles, weapons fire in the wrong direction and shoot up at an angle

update no.8: one more bug i found while building my turret design

• Deleting linked blocks via the large block tool in adv. build mode causes the previously linked blocks to act like they are still there, even though they are not. The nonexistant blocks still fire and show their linking box even though they were deleted.

update no.9: quick one i remembered now from rediscovering it

• Music cuts off sometimes (this happened today when I was building via my actual player body

update no.10: found another bug when playing on g1real this morning

• After opening factory blocks and looking at the items inside, my cursor displays the name of an item that was stored in the factory block. Whenever I go to my inventory now, I have that item name stuck over my cursor, making it very hard to read the names of items in my inventory.

update no.11: three more bugs i found this morning

• Sometimes when harvesting, some blocks every now and then will be invincible and be unable to harvest. Trying to destroy them is impossible.
    • Square-shaped chunks of planets at the center of a planet are invincible to weapon and salvage cannon fire.
    • Opening plexstorages when at a shop and trying to sell stuff from the plexstorage to the shop only sells things in your actual inventory instead, acting as if it's a mirror. Trying to sell stuff from a slot in the plexstorage inventory where the same local slot on the player inventory is empty will return an error message reading "ERROR: You can't sell that many! You can only sell 0!"

update no.12: two little bugs i'll point out real quick

• Lighting on corner and standard wedges is messed up (in my opinion, the lighting on the wedged side seems to behave as if it's the actual side of a regular block)
    • Textures on corner wedges is warped

update no.13: got some more bugs again

• High-speed collisions with other objects lodges the speeding object inside the stationary one. It gets "pooped out" eventually from the stationary object, usually. Camera shakes wildly but ship never teleports out of the collision because it's not actually lagging the server. (Note: I have only tested this using barebones ship cores so the case might be different for full actual spaceworthy ships)
    • Mouse input sometimes fails; Happened to me randomly earlier today and StarMade alone would only receive repetitive, brief input from my mouse in a spasm-like pattern. No other games or programs or anything on my computer is affected by this so I know it's the game and not my mouse.

update no.14: more bugs hooray :(

• Glass and flora glow brightly forming the shape of the sun even through planets on bloom mode (will be shown in video)
    • Crashed clients continue to remain connected to online servers for very long times (usually up to hours), making it impossible for the actual client to reconnect to the server. Alts have to be used to get on.

update no.15: this bug is more of simply a problem than a bug

• When space viscosity is set to very low values (everything slides around easily), Mob AIs perform very poorly, floating away to never return after the first attack pass on your ship.

There's many other bugs, and i'll continue to add to the list as I remember or find them.

Pholopalus

あなたは笑う、あなたは失う
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    more info on a couple of bugs.

server catalog: blueprints are uploaded but dont add themselves to the catalog list. can still be forced to spawn using /load

chat bug: happens with faction chat. The first 3 (i think) letters are cut off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I posted this on another thread earlier, but I\'ll repost here since this is a good list of current bugs.

It\'s the the entire process of importing ships that\'s got a bug somewhere (using the Ships Catalog). When I look at blueprints on my hard drive that I\'ve saved in the last few days they have 3 files plus a data folder with an .smd2 file in it. When importing blueprints it isn\'t creating that data folder with the .smd2 file. Dunno if that\'s part of the problem or a coincidence, just trying to help out XD

The ships I\'ve made and haven\'t had to import are buyable just fine from the catalog. Haven\'t tried /load yet, gonna have to later tnite.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ships get uploaded, but they simply don\'t appear in the Catalog. That is why server admins can spawn the ship you uploaded and save it normally, as it\'s what I did for some people on NASS.

Chat bug, indeed, that is only in Faction Chat, and it only takes away the first 3 letters, which would be \"/f \", including the space after \"f\".

Most of the rest of the bugs are only \"chances\", not actual bugs, but they happen sometimes, for example today I tested leaving a small ship while it was at 150 speed, and see how far it slides until inertia stops it. I got out where supposed to get out. Same with leaving ships, but I think the most cases are when the ships are not fully stopped. I haven\'t seen people being teleported away when leaving a fully stopped ship. Didn\'t happen to me either, except twice when the server was laggy, unless I confuse it with the Gravity Block bug, which have been fixed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The teleport never occured until I finished a bigger almost 1mil block ship. Tried 10 times getting out of the ships core. 9 out of 10 times it telepoerted me a sector away, or just some 100ds of ms away. Tried getting back in the carrier-ship, by using core to fly closer, exited teh core-ship and it threw me back away again 100s of meters. Now I am literally plagued by it, I got so fed up once after Pholo spawned the ship on NASS and tried setting the faction modules of its 8 turrets, but kept teleporting kms away, that I just wanted it to be deleted. Pholopalus changed the sector of this ship and then I finally got close enough. Flew a few sectors, almost crashed NASS when I bumped into another one of my ships which i still belive I didnt do on purpose, got out of the core and it did not teleport me out of the ship. It baffles me, that bug reminds me of another bug with the sector overlaps. Then again it might be sector overlap bug but just with large functional entities, like large ships. I dont know if this a the same bug, all I know is what I experienced.

Reaction score
    I\'ve been periodically encountering a bug where activating a grav unit will hurt you over time promptly killing you. I have no clue as of yet what causes this, but was going to try a few possible ideas I have.

Reaction score
    I was near my station above my planet, so not very near no, though still in the same sector as me.

Reaction score
    it happens when im near my capital ship (its gigantic) with the 67 turrets i have on there

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    When I approach ship core and activate it, coming from the direction of the back of the ship as the core is nearly at the very front, upon leaving I am teleported a bit outside of the front of the ship. Like I\'ve suggested before, core noting which side of it the player activated and then teleporting him just next to that side would be helpful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There\'s a VERY annoying bug that\'s been happening now where blocks get spammed really fast EVERYWHERE when in advanced build mode. I can\'t build my ship now because it\'s getting covered in unwanted blocks and I can\'t stop it when in adv. build mode.

UPDATE: I figured out what the problem was. Sometimes the buttons can lock up and continue behaving like they are being pressed (this is not just exclusive to StarMade, it happens to me in every other game too on other computers also). This was easily solved by me pressing the block place button, which stopped the rapid placement.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    This thread is very helpful! I\'ll do my best to fix every bug listed

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There\'s a serious bug i\'m having now in the latest version that crashes the game for the reason \"NullPointerException: Null\". I don\'t know what\'s causing it, but it\'s happened to me twice now, once from playing with a turret and another to changing my player\'s sector via admin commands.

Reaction score
    I noticed this while messing with a turret as well, of a ship I had just bought from the catalog.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This NullPointerException: Null crash bug is SERIOUSLY getting on my nerves. It keeps happening for seemingly unexplainable reasons and I have no idea what I should do!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I believe you were having issues with other versions of starmade already? werent you?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yep.

I\'ll be uploading a video of some of the in-game bugs to Youtube soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m umpting the catalog problems. It\'s rather frustrating trying to build in multi when every griefer sees a half built ship and opens fire. Nothing is saving to my personal catalog and the \"available\" tab crashes my client if I am in it for more than 5-10 seconds.

update: ships seem to finally have made it to available tab and I\'m not crashing. Problem is that only the turrets of my ship are spawning. Tried 3 times.

And I havent had it in a couple of days but sometimes when I get a ship >1mill blocks the control room tends to disappear in a square around my ship core.

There are other odd hiccups but those are the ones that fill me with nerd rage :P

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I\'d like to add a few:

When looking at an object with a negative effect on your framerate, your mouse becomes less sensitive and more sluggish.

Using build mode, the debug external camera, and F11 sector camera at the same time can cause your camera to bug out, not display certain things, and be stuck facing sideways until you log out.

Shields currently only take as much energy to recharge as their recharge rate. If you have shields with a recharge rate of 200, they will take 200 energy every tick of regeneration instead of their listed value.