setting up lan in single player

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    before the update to the start menu,me and my son had a lan setup so we both could play on the same world,but I don't see a multiplayer mode now on the new launcher.any ideas?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    For the beta launcher it is a tab to change to start up a server. As for it not showing up on the multiplayer list that's likely because it is private and you need the IP of it. Also the other reason is it could have something missing in the config to tell it to show up.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've tried many different ways set up multi player , even cleared files and reinstalled launcher still end up in different worlds . I can't even get my wip ship blueprints to load , or even my old world , it just comes up with unable to load zip file , try relaunching. with the new launcher and man menu it would be nice to have some kind of advanced tutorial on how to import blueprints and world files as it seems different then the old launcher was . Please help dev team I don't get a lot of game time(with work and all the everyday things) I ant to spend laying this great game not pulling out my hair.:confused:

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Your universe can be found in starmade/server-database (the default would be world0). I hope you havnt deleted that at anytime.

If you have made a backup or installed the game again somewhere else copy the database folder from the backup/original into the new installation.
    if you are starting a dedicated server, make sure the first line of the server.cfg contains the name of the universe folder you want to use.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    ok so I got the lan connection fixed up thank you everyone you rock! now to just figure out how to change my old blueprints for importing from smd2 to sment files. one small step for man......:rolleyes:

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ok so I got the lan connection fixed up thank you everyone you rock! now to just figure out how to change my old blueprints for importing from smd2 to sment files. one small step for man......:rolleyes:
    Crusade helped me to do something similar. You can get the blueprint's folder (no the whole blueprints folder, the folder for the ship) and zip it (right click, sent to compressed (zipped) folder). From there you rename it to .sment and import.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    HOWIE CWAP!!!! Top 4ce! you da man! I think I was having a brain fart,sometimes the easiest way works the best,I spent all morning on wiki's/youtube/google and all their complicated instructions only gave me a headache. If we ever meet in game the grog at the local bar is my treat!

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    HOWIE CWAP!!!! Top 4ce! you da man! I think I was having a brain fart,sometimes the easiest way works the best,I spent all morning on wiki's/youtube/google and all their complicated instructions only gave me a headache. If we ever meet in game the grog at the local bar is my treat!
    lol

Thank Crusade, he's the one that taught me. I'll take the grog never the less.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    hi everyone it's me again,after being away fom starmade for a couple weeks (too many fun summer things to do:)) me and my son tried to play on our lan server.my computer which is the host logs in and plays fine(though I noticed my fps dropped a lot from 850-1000 fps down to 175-350) my sons laptop will go through the launcher to the start menu and load to 50%on the lan and pop up with a socket exeption error,contact sm help. any ideas?,none of the settings have changed and I also tried updating and reloading the beta launcher.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    TeeHee!:oops: so I checked things out tonight and for some reason the ip address was wrong,either it changed in the menu or we have been playing with the wrong ip address for a month!

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    hi everyone it's me again,after being away fom starmade for a couple weeks (too many fun summer things to do:)) me and my son tried to play on our lan server.my computer which is the host logs in and plays fine(though I noticed my fps dropped a lot from 850-1000 fps down to 175-350) my sons laptop will go through the launcher to the start menu and load to 50%on the lan and pop up with a socket exeption error,contact sm help. any ideas?,none of the settings have changed and I also tried updating and reloading the beta launcher.
    it was a mack or linux computer right? cause there was a recent glitch that was fixed later even though linux is still unplayable at least you can play the game until you get into a hip core

Reaction score
    • Tester
    do you assign IP adresses manually or through a DHCP service from a router?
    in the later case your adress lease time was up mostlikely and your system got a shiny new and totally different adress from your router assigned ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    well I figured it out for some reason my ipv4 addressing changed as we manually input it,and it seems it is rotating the last digit on every log in(I didn't know this was possible).so we just check that every log in for now.And i'm running a intel i5 6600 skylake with 16g on w7 if this helps any.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    the ipv4 change sounds like totally normal and expected behaviour of an DHCP service.
    probably on your router.
    cant help with that really without knowing what setup that is ... and even then i would have to search and read a manual online to give advice.
    and by my luck i would explain it wrong and you will never be seen on the internet because of a router missconfig due to a missunderstanding ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thank you SmilingDemon it's not much of a hassle to look up the ip when it changes anyways.my next question is when I loaded the beta launcher on my new computer I can no longer find a dedicated file for screen shots like in the old launcher,where did they move it? is it the blob_bin file?if so i'll need to download an app for that?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that i do not understand !
    screenshot is either F5 or F6 depending on if you want with or without UI
    or you are using a 3rd party tool .. like Lightshot for example

the screens taken by the game are placed in its installfolder