Setting a custom window resolution

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello,

I know there is a resolution line in the settings.cfg, but every time StarMade loads, it the launcher overrides my changes.
    I even tried setting the file as read-only, but it didn't help.

Is it at all possible to have the game running at a custom resolution such as 1840x1080? I would love to see my taskbar while playing, but still have the game use up as much screen as possible. At the moment, I'm stuck using 1680x1050 as the closes approximate.

Thank you for any replies.

Reaction score
    start game, second menu, fullscreen off, gives you boarder showing your desktop and taskbar

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Let me better illustrate my issue with pictures.

This is what happens when I run StarMade windowed:
    starwindow.jpg

This is what should happen:
    clickerwindow.jpg

Notice that StarMade has a large black area unused.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, this is currently normal, we have preset resolutions, what resolution are we talking about in your case?
    (If its a common resolution and not something out of the standard steps we may be able to add it.)

- Andy

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My screen is a standard 1920x1080, but I would like to run borderless windowed at 1840x1080 so that I can still see my taskbar, but have the game use as much screen as it can.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    hm, okay this may be a problem for now.

I suppose this requires a change from our side.
    Will forward this problem.

- Andy

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thank you. In the mean time, is there some variable I can tweak in the .jar files or would that break online play due to different checksums?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Thank you. In the mean time, is there some variable I can tweak in the .jar files or would that break online play due to different checksums?
    Modifying the StarMade.jar usually has no effect on whether or not you can join a server, provided you know what exactly you are doing while modifying it. Obviously any sort of warranty on that installation is void when you do it, and server-admins may decide to ban you, as modified clients can easily be used to cheat(depending on what you're doing ingame, even acquiring additional information may be considered 'cheating').

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Would adding 1840x1080 to the launcher be a simple one line addition, or do I need to de-obfuscate code, figure out a ton of variables, etc.?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Would adding 1840x1080 to the launcher be a simple one line addition, or do I need to de-obfuscate code, figure out a ton of variables, etc.?
    There are 2 options:
    1. You learn the class-file-format, and search and edit the enum responsible
    2. You decompile the code(for which you should ask for permission, as the ToS prohibits it), do the necessary searching and editing, and then recompile it.

Fum

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thank you. So it's way above my skill level. I shall wait for actual support added by developers then.