Server stability still a mess after build 0.09376

Reaction score
    I applied both changes, and things seemed to be loading much faster on planets.

Not sure if it will affect more people, but seemed great for me.

Reaction score
    Your excuse is over-used, messing around with stuff can do wonders sometimes :P

Reaction score
    I swapped both settings, didn\'t see any difference on my system, same FPS and planet seemed to take about the same time to draw (didn\'t time it)

Reaction score
    It might be only useful on low end computers or would only increase fps on singleplayer, im wondering.

Reaction score
    let\'s see if cranking up the clent socet buffer setting and my server.cfg sokect buffer settings do any thing

Reaction score
    Remote server

I have a high end machine, GPU caps at 50% usage when I\'m playing though so maybe thats why it doesn\'t help me

Reaction score
    hmmm thats very intersenting appently incressing the server.cfg option seting value on this:

SOCKET_BUFFER_SIZE = value of packet size

so it much higher then the cleints socket buffer might be a good way to reduce lag and increase fps server side

the recomended size of the packets the server sends must be at least be dobble of what the clents socket packet size is.

aplently noone knows that servers have to send more data becuse the server does most of the work the clent just sends the data that updates the players actons on the server apently the server is not sending

big enoth packets for the clent to work with so the clent demands more packets in number to get the needed

data which makes more data loss and lost data means more lag basicly biger packet size is needed

for dectcated servers and for your server that runs when you play in single player

Reaction score
    so it might be a packet mermory size issue that the server dosn\'t send big enoth packets for the kind of scale size requrements starmade needs for smooth gameplay.