Server Review Of My Experience On A Servers "Shatteried Skies"

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    More of a reflection of who played there than the server and it's administrators.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well genx admins aren't entirely all good folks, but when admins cause shit it's typically handled pretty well. Genx is and has always been the redshift replacement, you know the scrub server. It inherited most of it's playerbase from a stroke of fortune (redshift owner shutting down and getting out) :| Take it as you will.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, as far as I know their was only 1 real incident on genx and that was way back.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    well... i hate to say it... but, yeah, everyone should have seen it coming, if they knew anything about Imperium from the original Mushroom Fleet server. I know I risk dredging up bad blood, ....again.... but I'm not trying to. I'm just recalling some history so that hopefully some can be humbled, and some can learn from others' mistakes. The Imperium members that left Mushroom Fleet server to go make SS, did so because they were basically getting disciplined by the MF owners for some episodes of admin abuse. They weren't happy about that, so they ditched MF to start SS. History has repeated itself, and some of them have done the same things again on SS. This is sad :/

Now, I will say personally, I was not fond of Zy because I found evidence he'd shot up a homebased planet of the Drunken Pirates - an attempt at an open build faction providing free blocks that grew to be 30+ members, far larger than the Imperium. I honestly dunno what he's done since MF, so I'm not judging. Hopefully he's going down a lighter path.

Osiris always seemed a nice guy, and hosted a lot of pvp and dogfighting contests, as well as pirate spawn waves and co-op PvE. Me, him, and a guy named RIP had a lot of fun.

Chiken, well... the 100+ drone spawn insanity sector on Mushroom Fleet was fun, although an experiment that probably nearly broke the server. Servers actually seemed more stable back then, than they are now. I'm pretty sure he was the guy, and it was a lot of fun. Thanks. Sorry to read you've gone a darker path since then. :/

ZeroSen I can't praise enough, even though most people think he's a jerk in chat and on TS. He can talk however he wants. You don't have to listen. He's always been clean and fair with admin powers, and helping players that are truly willing to learn. He stayed with MF, and has recently gone offline with starmade in SP only.

Raiben hosted a lot of lineups and seemed to enjoy helping new players. Legit. I don't honestly know what he's done or not done, since MF, but I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as far as suspected admin power abuse. Same with Dalmont.

The strict rules of SS are probably not going to work with a majority of SM players. Failed experiment and lessons learned, I'd say. On the opposite end of the spectrum, very open and free servers may not work either, until the devs optimize the game code more. Mushroom Fleet included, but we're still trying that experiment and still going fairly well despite big ships and big stations and radical experiments that have absolutely broken the game and corrupted dozens of world files. %)

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    The strict rules of SS are probably not going to work with a majority of SM players. Failed experiment and lessons learned, I'd say. On the opposite end of the spectrum, very open and free servers may not work either, until the devs optimize the game code more. Mushroom Fleet included, but we're still trying that experiment and still going fairly well despite big ships and big stations and radical experiments that have absolutely broken the game and corrupted dozens of world files. %)
    I have to absolutely agree; strict rules just sap the fun out of playing the game. LCB was nice in that the rules were simply "dont do anything illegal IRL" and we rarely had problems.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Thus trying to get 2 toxic admins removed from the team got my admin removed, seems fair enough right?
    Yeah... because at least one of the owners to whom you were appealing is an alt of that little troll clan. It became super obvious. You and like 50 other well-known people talked to them about the problem and they gave zero shits, never bothered to log on an alt and simply watch what was happening. Never responding to the massive pattern of complaints against specific admins when it would be so easy and only responsible to do so. Why? Because at least one or two of Gorn / Chkn / Guthris were alts for one or more founder(s)/owner(s) who wanted to use the server as their private ant farm with the players as the ants. Only reasonable answer at this point; at least in my opinion.

Regardless... thank you for sharing your experiences, Eldiwyn!!

Did anyone seriously not see this coming?
    I did, which is why I left the server within a month of the cargo reset. Others did as well, and also quietly bowed out before it got any more absurd than it already was.

I'm pretty sure the concept of "Admins should not participate in factions politics at all" thing wasent understood.
    Personally I think it was totally understood and maliciously exploited. They simply used the known expectation of them being neutral to completely and utterly screw with people.

Reactions: TwoNiner and Sachys