Server Ram Dedication Issues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hiya!

I'm having a tough time dedicating more than 512m - 1024m of ram to the command line of the server.

The steam launcher wouldn't let me launch both my client and server at the same time, so I resorted to using the dedicated server batch file provided in the StarMade steam folder. My colleague and I were experiencing server issues, such as massive amounts of block de-synchronization and single-sided client-side character dislocation. I thought increasing the amount of dedicated ram to the server would help, but I can't figure out how to do it.

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -server

This is the original command line. If I increase '512m' or '1024m' to any other value, such as 1024 and 2048, or even try changing it to '1g' or '3g', the batch program instantly closes/crashes. I tried inspecting the logs, but they're literally empty, other than the first two initialization lines. I've updated Java, as well. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any advice, anyone?

Kindest Regards,

Brent

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ensure you're running 64 bit java. 32bit has trouble/cannot allocate more than 1gb

Reactions: Darkovia711