Server- Nothing spwaning or re-rendering

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I started playing the game yesterday, and its all fine and good, but when I started a new universe, Nothing was in it. Nothing, the shops were gone, the planets did not even fourm, anything found would dissapear. at first I thought it was anonomily so I started a new universe to find the first few sectors fine, untill we explorers went to a planet to find nothing, for the next three planets as we traveled (Including the planets, just atmosephere)
    Started a LAN/hamatchi server the other day, started the gen worked fine. decided to refresh after knowing what to do, as said above, a new universe, that first created the shop, next few sectors are fine then traveling to a planet nothing was found.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Something made it not to get loaded, schema is the boss here, and he\'s around, so don\'t worry, it will be taken care of, very soon.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I made a video to show how long it takes before it starts etc, In the video I have made I travel for some time and then poof nothing, with the asteroids, the planets are just gone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sent a bug report from the launcher (if it was a singleplayer world) and with a description of the issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a similar issue to OP. Objects do not render. Asteriods appear on the mini map, but are not rendered in game. Planets can be seen in space, but disappear on aproach. Shops are not shown, only the pink HUD marker is seen. Can still trade with shop though!
    Was working yesterday. Updated with latest version using the launcher, and Java automatically updated on my machine...

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, there might be a loading error. Please send in a manual bugreport either like VariousArtists descibes or by manually starting the bug report tool by double clicking the CrashAndBugReporter.jar in your StarMade directory. I will do my best to fix is asap. Please also make sure you keep the backup from your last universe (stored as zip files in your StarMade dir)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For the time being I am not going to be online for now, this issue makes me nervous is all. I\'d hate to find out later something I created was saved the way it shows up (not there). Heh, darn bugs... kinda like a box of chocolates; ou never know what you going to get... unless its Wurthers.... mmm candy....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Don\'t worry Zyra, just don\'t reset the universe and it works :D

I\'ve been building in sandbox, and all cool.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sellka and I are on the same server and have this issue. I\'ve sent a bug report from my client, but I do not know what you\'ll need me to do on the server side.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    A server side bug report would be best, since im pretty sure that the server is causing the problem. If your server runs on windows, you can just use the same report tool, that you can use on the client. if you don\'t have a GUI (Linux),you can start the reporter without gui: java -jar CrashAndBugReporter.jar -nogui

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Ok, thanks for the reports. I got two client reports from the blur.bl*****.net server, that indicate thet the thread on the server, that handles client segment(chunk) requests seems to have crashed. Because java is multithreaded, it can be that the normal game is still woking on the server. The requests of clients are no longer answered and are timing out. It doesn\'t seem to be a connection problem since the normal communication seems to be working.
    I need a server report to figure out exactly what happened.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Testing it in singleplayer still having the same results from before, I flew to a planet it was not there. then I used /change_sector 2 2 2 to return to spawn to find nothing
    Im using windows, Im playing singleplayer/ on a fake server.
    *EDIT*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You should mention about (quote) \" i\'m using a linux server with the fake x server \" and such details, probably the main cause for this, since I had no problems in sandbox, and there\'s no reports of this on the servers (windows ones).

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thanks for the report. I immediately saw the bug, did a facepalm to my stupidity, and fixed it.
    The version 0.0899977 should no longer have the issue.
    Thank you all for helping to fix the bug!