Server crash //CPU use

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Short:

if you build 2 objects too close to each other, the use of CPU0 will stay at 100%.

Detailed:

2 Days ago i had the issue that my server kept crashing randomly. I was flying through the universe and at once i couldnt build/destroy stuff and wasnt able to switch sectors.

I also noticed that my CPU0 (the first out of 4) kept using 100% of its ressources.

Then i tried serveral things until I had that idea that maybe it could be because i built a station right next to a shop and "circled" the shop with my station at

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    okay, update. I was just playing on the server and yes the CPU0 use goes down without the station distance issue. But the Server still keeps crashing.

So now my question turns up again:

The server keeps crashing for no obvious reason. It happens while fighting, salvaging and travelling (at least it happened in these situations already, might happen anytime)

What happens is that from one second to another, i cant switch sectors or manipulate blocks. When i disconnect and try to reconnect it wont let me. The server itself (via remote) usually doesnt respond when i klick on shut down (sometimes it does) and i have to kill it with TM.

Server data: 4GB RAM// 4x2,4GHZ CPU minimum ppl required on the server to make it crash that way: 1

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi Vince i can just confirm server im playing on since latest updates crashing constantly not to mention heavy issues with building

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, i was playing since my last post now with no crashes.

What i did?

in the server.cfg, I changed the IP to listen from \"any\" to my Servers IP adress.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    No idea why this is happening. Doesn\'t seem to be too much of a problem on my end though, so I added a server respawn script, so that in an event of a crash, it will boot itself back up. I did this by changing the script from

\"#!/bin/bash
    cd \"$(dirname \"$0\")\"
    java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -jar StarMade.jar -server\"

To this

\"#!/bin/bash

(
    until java -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -jar StarMade.jar -server; do
    echo \"StarMade crashed with exit code $?. Respawning... \" >&2
    sleep 5
    done
    ) &\"

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Does any admin of issue with server crashing have logs?

Also do you mean a ship or a station?

Reaction score
    Hi schema.

Allready send with java -jar CrashAndBugReport.jar -nogui to you

Habe ich dir alles schon geschickt.

Cheers