Server -Client Custom-Block Problem

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    hello and G'day!

I am working on a custom block package for the community, I believe I've done evrything correct so far... it loads fine on my client, but the LK server is not sending / installing the custom.png or build-icons-04-16x16-gui-.png to the clients...

The CC pack: https://starmadedock.net/content/space-nation-block-palette.7638/

I am getting the "downloading custom textres DONE" message but they are not in the folder*

Any ideas whats going wrong here?

Update:
    The server Folder: customBlockTextures has the pack.zip, this has the missing files*
    If I add them manually they are still not used*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ok finally I found this...

Greetings, Thadius:
    • The server need only install the block config for the back, which adds the blocks, what they are and what textures are to be used to the game.
    • If you install the textures, the server will pack them up and send them to the client. at the moment, starmade clients to not actually make use of the texture packs they download, so you have to install them manually out of your client database folder. these packs are also still missing the inventory icons for the new blocks, so it is recommended that players download and install the pack themselves, and then reject the server's offer of a 20 mb texture pack they cannot use. rejecting a server's textures only needs to be done once, the client will not ask again. This is why i recommend servers ONLY install the block config: save yourself 20 MB of file transfer for every client that they cannot in the end use and just let your players know that you are using the pack and where to download a copy for their client.
    • who knows how this feature will be completed or revised in the future? i have spoken with kupu about getting the clients to use the downloaded packs and the ability to include the inventory icons in the pack that the server sends, so hopefully this can happen. i believe the best way to make this feature a priority is for servers to start using the features that already work, i.e. the custom blocks. the bug reporting on the feature has been rather lackluster so far, so the more the better!
    hope this helps,

~pn.
    Is this still the current state?
    I am guessing yes, can I get a confimation...

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yes, I believe this is still the case unfortunately.
    I can raise the issue with the team and try sort out this feature. As i understand it, it's simply downloading files to a wrong directory.

Reactions: Tsnonak
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thank you Kupu!
    was just about to update this ;)

yes I think I can confirm this.... just found it in the client database folder with todays date and IP of the server, but unfortunately the textures were just the empty vanilla ones...

Update: Ok got it yes they are there... looked in wrong client... I have a couple extra clients for testing...
    thats Great!

Last edited: