Serious Suggestions (take notes)

Reaction score
    While I don't understand anything about game design and couldn't possibly do anywhere near as good a job as you have, I feel entitled to telling you how to make a game. To that end, I have put together a list of suggestions that you can use to not only better your game, but better yourself as a person.

1) While I have no idea what your design priorities are, I feel it is my right as someone who might eventually buy the game to demand you focus on the areas I find most enjoyable. That is, specifically, the part of the game where I pontificate about how much better this game would be if only you'd instantly enact my vague and conflicting fancies. So...that's the forums, I guess? Yeah.

2) I believe your art design should be simultaneously more retro and more detailed at the same time, as though it was put together by a committe of Deviant Artists who never communicate with each other because I can't imagine anyone not liking that.

3) This game needs more romance options. I liked the tension of trying to decide which block to "get all up ins" (astrotech is my faves

Reaction score
    I agree whole heartedly with your suggestions of 7 and 10. And I am not kidding. fo realzeez

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well, there\'s no invinciship atm, as well as I don\'t see how one line says Pirates are OP and another line says pirates sucks, well, their ships. Anyway, pirates can barely target, they miss half the shots they do, OP ? No, just have better ships or learn to avoid their bullets. There currently is a glitch where bullets can \"apparently\" pass by shields, but that\'s just a bug that gets fixed.

Totally on for romances, and secondarily, Katanas...

Reaction score
    to have vague and conflicting whims Perhaps the pirate complaints are a manifestation of that?

Reaction score
    Serious Suggestions (take notes)

While I don\'t understand anything about game design and couldn\'t possibly do anywhere near as good a job as you have, I feel entitled to telling you how to make a game. To that end, I have put together a list of suggestions that you can use to not only better your game, but better yourself as a person.

1) While I have no idea what your design priorities are, I feel it is my right as someone who might eventually buy the game to demand you focus on the areas I find most enjoyable. That is, specifically, the part of the game where I pontificate about how much better this game would be if only you\'d instantly enact my vague and conflicting fancies. So...that\'s the forums, I guess? Yeah.

2) I believe your art design should be simultaneously more retro and more detailed at the same time, as though it was put together by a committe of Deviant Artists who never communicate with each other because I can\'t imagine anyone not liking that.

for 1 and 2 and 3, wtf are you talking about, enjoy the awesome game and dont worry about graphics like that -.-

3) This game needs more romance options. I liked the tension of trying to decide which block to \"get all up ins\" (astrotech is my faves

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is this second-stage satire? I wonder how deep we can go. Well done.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Maybe, just maybe, there is a possibility that there might be a tiny chance that the entire OP might be using a tiny bit of what I personally believe could be, I\'m not saying definitely here, but still, there could be some...

Sarcasm. Nevermind, scratch that. None detected.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Generally, suggestion forums are full of this sort of crap, which tend to be rather misleading when someone with something meaningful to bring up actually has something to say. Otherwise it just gets lost in the chaff of \"I had this completely unoriginal idea that\'s either really easy or really hard to implement and balance, but adds nothing meaningful to the game aside from a cheap gimmicky reference to pop culture or an IP that would probably get the developers sued if they used it. Also, I only say this because I want more stuff, because more is always better\"

Reaction score
    I for serial want a system by which block types work more effectively for me based on how much they trust and respect me. I want full voice acting and intricate dialog trees along with a few, shall we call them sensual?...twists.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know that tone doesn\'t convey well over text sometimes, so I will explicitely state that, yes, I am in fact being absurdly smug and condescending and that these ideas are all objecitvely terrible.

Actually, #10 sounds brilliant.

Reaction score
    They can\'t write thoughtful , detailed lists of everything that would improve the game , that\'s why you never see any threads of theirs on the front page. No creativity !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sad to see this kind of humor is lost on some people. Brilliant post, best laugh I had today. Thanks

Reaction score
    You crazy?

Just add more cannons. I like big ships and I cannot lie, you other Pilots can\'t deny,

Mine overheats the cores in like 1 second.

*edit-I just realised this may be satire on the more...loud...posters on here. If so, funny post and very true...

Reaction score
    No. I am not very good at video games, ergo the Isanth VI is objectively OP. Also, my ship is huge and powerful, so they are UP. Plz nerf/buff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about this for the hole small ship big ship shields issue
    In all fairness small ships should have a higher top speed acceleration and turning ability they should also be able to cloke easier making them more for covert missions and large scale ambushes and battles however big ships should have more damage and higher shields in reality u would not want to or try to take on a large ship with a smaller one this way both ships have ad advantages and disadvantages and as fair as taking down large ships they could combine forces with another ship and use power drain and tactics which is what I believe a small ship should have to do there is no way to make both sides happy since both would prefer to be stronger by raising the top speed of small ships this would allow them to escape with minor damage if played right its only fair to reward large ships with shields and damage since the take more time to construct and would I real life have that agility thank u for hearing me ou

Reaction score
    small space ships are balanced against big space ships becuase of things like maintenance costs and bcause they smell like candy on the inside while big ships are spensive and also smell like a taint botanist IRL space ships are balanced bcause of real things that are not implemented in starmade yet schema needs to add smell mechanics 4 this game 2 b truly great

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    But all u would need to do to a bigger ship is increase crew size so there\'s no point in depleting shields its only fair that both small and large ships get there own advantages and disadvantages

Reaction score
    IRL spaceships all have teh same crw size, but SMALL ships get SMALL crew like chipmunks or something instead of people or wolves