Serenity Firefly class Transport

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don´t know if it´s my internet connection but I can´t see the pictures. My chrome browser is showing broken links where the pictures should be.
    Could be something related to your country and the method used to upload the images.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Updated version here: Link

So I was finally able to get the Shuttles overhauled. They should be much more reliable. It is now impossible to dock incorrectly or with the wings extended. It's also impossible to extend the wings while docked. (However, make sure you don't have the wings activated while un-docking... as soon as you un-dock the wings will extend through the bay doors and cause glitches)
    I ended up overhauling the shuttle logic. Each shuttle now consists of 9 logic blocks to make sure everything works right. :)

I also stole an idea from Boba_Fett's version of Serenity. I switched out the plant on the bridge navigation console. It now looks more like mini palm tree. I also really liked Boba_Fett's addition of a Mule in his version, I may end up adding one to mine as well.

Changed the appearance of the front of the engines to be a better match.
    Also added 5 extra pull blocks to each engine for a non-noticeable difference to cruise performance.

Please let me know if you find any bugs

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just finished up the cargo update for Serentiy:
    Also made a nice animated pic for the rotatable/stow-able engines:
    Serenity Take Off.gif
    Now the Firefly Light Transport, is actually a light transport :)
    empty.jpeg light load.jpeg heavy load.jpeg
    I did some playing around with it, and tried loading it up to the brim with crate blocks, but the poor little engines just couldn't handle it. I ended up with a max capacity of 22K (452000 blocks, or and increase of 2260 in mass). I also made the Cruise Engines allot stronger. They went from 300 blocks each to 408 blocks each. So now with Cruise Control on, you can get up to approx 2/3 the speed cap.

So some quick engine/load stats:
    Empty: 4 seconds to reach speed cap.
    Light Load: 15 seconds to reach speed cap.
    Heavy Load: 60 seconds to reach speed cap.
    (strategically using the cruise engines you can shorten those times though)

She can run her Radar Jammer permanently as long as she's not carrying a load.
    However, with a light load, she can operate the Radar Jammer for about 15 seconds.

I also added a AMS turret that looks like the one from the Serenity Movie. If you want to keep it strictly RP however, you can remove it and replace the turret axis with a white light.

Some nice pics from the out side:
    outside view.jpeg takeoff.jpeg Landed.jpeg

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm guessing the slab update has made this a slightly more viable ship for actual use, which is awesome. Too bad they don't smooth out with wedges a bit better. Awesome gif showing off the engines too.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The slabs definitely helped with getting more blocks into the cruise engines. You're right about the "slightly more viable" part for the interior of the actual ship. I would probably have to rebuild the whole thing from the ground up to make really good use of slabs. But I was able to fit a few in here and there, where it seemed appropriate.

If I get time there may be a version 3 in the future, but for now I'm pretty happy with it. :)

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ok, so I made a version 3. Lets see how long it takes to get outdated again?
    Download the ship HERE

Improvements:
    • 2.5:1 thrust with max Overdrive. Fastest Ship in the verse.
    • added a Mule
    • It's got a chain drive now.
    • All of the wireless blocks can be access in Astronaut mode. THIS MEANS it's SHIPYARD PROOF.
    Here's a the Video Showcase:

and here's the much longer video walk through:

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    One day you'll go all the way and get rid of all of those plex doors. Still the gold standard in Firefly recreations though.

Reactions: alterintel