Sensor + area triggers

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I needs to be a feature. You can detect docked ships using the rails themselves. It's more functional for it to not detect it's sibling/child docked ships.
    You can't distinguish between different ship types by using only the rails.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can't distinguish between different ship types by using only the rails.
    That gives me an idea actually. Recall me saying this:
    you could configure them with linked activation modules to require a certain number of entities to activate.
    Let's say they do detect docked entities. With the mechanic I mentioned above you could require at least 2 entities, which would negate the door detection.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Where with a sensor that detects a presence you just have your triggers on both sides of the door, link it up and forget about it.
    That would indeed make it simpler, at least for ships that are more than 1 block large! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why don't we keep area thingeys and ADD sensor functionality, so that way people have options in their logic.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fixing the area sensors to work as expected would be an improvement. Then you can use sensor functionality for something even MORE useful. Example: Maybe use the sensor to only allow a high signal from the sensor if there are at least 3 entities in the area but not more than 5.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    We all know area triggers suck ass for things like automatic doors. Most people want them to activate when something is in it, and deactivate when empty.

The perfect block for this behaviour is a sensor.

pls schine <3
    Either for activation gates, or area triggers, the self-resetting logic in this download fixes your "problem" with doors. It also fixes a problem you did not mention: more than one person using the door at once.