Select fire needs to have different hotkey

Reaction score
    Hi.
    I like the concept of select fire turrets. I do not like how it selects targets with the same key we use to view things (f). This causes many accidents and even if you are careful makes it annoying because you have to turn off the turrets whenver you want to simply view the stats of a structure or if you want to see where a structure is amongst many entities.

Solution: simply add a new hotkey dedicated to select fire turrets. I suggest "G" since it isn't used for much. It selects entities the same way f does but instead of viewing info it only selects it for the select fire turrets to shoot at.

Reaction score
    The "G" key is defaulted currently as the Weapons menu, so this would cause issues. However, I do like the idea of having different buttons for, select target to attack, and a select target to examine button.

Reaction score
    The "G" key is defaulted currently as the Weapons menu, so this would cause issues. However, I do like the idea of having different buttons for, select target to attack, and a select target to examine button.
    My bad. I still use the old keyboard layout so weapons is T. I do not like that new keyboard layout they forced upon everyone.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We need a lot of turret improvements. That ability to not only designate targets for our turrets but fleets at will is a much needed feature. An other way to accomplish this is through more "target" options in the bobby AI as well. Instead of choosing between any and selected perhaps a "selected if hostile" option is needed.

Reactions: Lukwan
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This has been requested for years.

It really is a part of the game we need next update, it is vitally important but somehow still lacking from the game.

How many times have people accidentally fired on allies/neutrals because they wanted to check out who was in a ship or get it's stats and selected it with "select fire" turrets on their ships?

Reaction score
    This has been requested for years.

It really is a part of the game we need next update, it is vitally important but somehow still lacking from the game.

How many times have people accidentally fired on allies/neutrals because they wanted to check out who was in a ship or get it's stats and selected it with "select fire" turrets on their ships?
    ikr and it is a very simple feature

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    even though i would like a hot key thing a more practical solution would be to have default fleet commands that appear in your weapons menu and can assign to the hot bar. when you select a command it will function like the activation beam but have infinite range or at least the range of the current sector. Hitting something with the order beam will tell all members of the fleet to do something to that specific target.

being able to create squadrons as a kind of sub fleet would also really help. especially if you can add turrets to them

Reactions: Gonzalo

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is something that has been suggested numerous times (Once even by myself, lol) and I'd REALLY LIKE IT IF THIS WAS ADDED. I'd forward the suggestion now but I've been at cape canaveral for the past week and can't do so from my mobile.

Reactions: Gonzalo