Sector/area transitions not smooth, puts you in wrong position

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure this is exactly what is happening but i've noticed when you enter a new sector, or a planets area, it seems to not transfer you in to the new area in the correct position. For example when you enter a planets area and get close to it, sometimes the planet will completely dissapear and you'll have to find it again.

Same thing applies to when you enter new sectors in space. Basically the transition is not smooth, is this a bug or is it just like this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a problem I experience too, regardless of whether or not I\'m on NASS or offline. It\'s much more noticable when I\'m entering or leaving a planet, and very frustrating when fighting along sector boundries.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The transition is done by the server, and the server position has a few problems synchronizing the position to the exact position the client is seeing. The transition puts the ship where it thinks it is and forces the server to hop to that position, cauing the misplacement.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is it possible to completely fix? Was it related to the networking issue where players positions were not synched?

or atleast make it more eye-friendly.